When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which is the best Corum Admiral to buy?

MimiSars

Im quite confused at which is the best for my wallet. There are various prices that I see from Andrew from $228 to $398. The $228 being listed as New Asian Valjoux 7750 and the higher priced ones at Asian Valjoux 7750. I take it that New Asian Valjoux is a better movement? Also, I want the watch itself as complete as possible for my buck. Can you guys recommend the best Corum for me? Thanks.

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...=20a&page=2

In the link you provided,

There are several different sizes, some 48mm and some 44mm. The 7750 movements in them are all the same. The complications are different for each watch.

The 48mm ones are not chronographs and have been out for at least 1 year or more, the 44mm ones (I may be wrong.. ) are more recent which is one of the primary reasons they cost more. Traditionally, chronographs cost more than non, but in this situation, both have 7750 so I think the newness of the watch is the primary reason for the $300+ price. Also consider that Rose Gold versions and versions with more detail (bracelet, case, etc.) will cause the price to be greater.

First you have to ask yourself, "what size watch do I want"? and then go from there..

Hope that helps..

In the link you provided,

There are several different sizes, some 48mm and some 44mm. The 7750 movements in them are all the same. The complications are different for each watch.

The 48mm ones are not chronographs and have been out for at least 1 year or more, the 44mm ones (I may be wrong.. ) are more recent which is one of the primary reasons they cost more. Traditionally, chronographs cost more than non, but in this situation, both have 7750 so I think the newness of the watch is the primary reason for the $300+ price. Also consider that Rose Gold versions and versions with more detail (bracelet, case, etc.) will cause the price to be greater.

First you have to ask yourself, "what size watch do I want"? and then go from there..

Hope that helps..

What do you think about chronographs? Ive read that you have to keep a few things in mind when setting them and Im a bit pushed back by that. Plus I just realized that the back glass shows the movement, therefore people will tell that its fake, right?

I think Im leaning towards the 48mm now...

So is the difference between COR007B and COR007C just that one is regular titatnium and the other is Rose Gold Titatinium? Is that the reason for the 50 dollar difference? That Rose Gold looks like brass...

thx

I have owned (and sold) both the Ti and the RG+Ti version of 48mm Admiral Cup. My suggestion is to go with the all Ti version....fantastic lume, excellent finish and very close to the gen. You can't go wrong with this watch. Still regret selling mine.

I have owned (and sold) both the Ti and the RG+Ti version of 48mm Admiral Cup. My suggestion is to go with the all Ti version....fantastic lume, excellent finish and very close to the gen. You can't go wrong with this watch. Still regret selling mine.

So is the Ti and the RG+TI exactly the same except for the finish?

Not really...the RG+Ti version has raised number markers (which look kinda cool) whereas the Ti version has standard painted markers.

Personally, I did not much care for the RG+Ti look of this watch on my wrist......loved the all Ti one though. Sold the Ti and bought the RG+Ti....and sold that one as well now :-)

Not really...the RG+Ti version has raised number markers (which look kinda cool) whereas the Ti version has standard painted markers.

Personally, I did not much care for the RG+Ti look of this watch on my wrist......loved the all Ti one though. Sold the Ti and bought the RG+Ti....and sold that one as well now :-)

K thx, Im going to go with that one then. I didn't like the RG because it looks like Brass. I want the one that looks the closest to gen. Thx guys