When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 7750 Rotor = A7750 Rotor?

szvwj

Can anyone tell me if an ETA 7750 Rotor will fit correctly onto an A7750 Movement?

The Rotor on my Navitimer (A7750) is so loose and sloppy that it hits the movement, it makes the watch sound terrible. I'd like to purchase a new rotor (available from Ofrei), but I was hoping I could make sure it will fit, before I order one.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Have you tried tightening the screw holding the rotor on??? One of the very first things I do with all auto's is pop it open and use a 1.6mm screw driver to tighten the rotor screw. I would say that easily 75% of them are loose on delivery.

I tried to tighten it once already, but I just tried it again. I removed the rotor, checked it and re-installed it but I still have the problem. The screw is as tight as it's going to get. I read a post about putting high-temp grease in the bearings, which I also tried, but I just don't think that's going to solve the problem.

It's as if the bearings in the rotor are too small, the rotor 'flops' around inside the watch, hitting the movement.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Ive never put an eta 7750 rotor on an a7750 movement, but I believe it is a direct bolt on.

If you find that you cant easily find an eta and will settle for a properly working a7750 rotor, let me know... I have a spare.

T

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it works.

I already get the same problem as you and changed my A7750 rotor with the ETA one and the horrible noise (rotor touching the case back) is gone.

Don't try to tighten the screw too much as the Asian 7750 screws are really fragile.

You could break your head screw and possibly block your rotor.

Anyway the ETA 7750 Rotor can be placed on the Asian 7750 movement. it worked perfectly for me. The only bad thing is that the 7750 ETA rotor cost a lot of money with all ball bearing, etc...

Another thing try to swap another of you A7750 rotor from another watch for instance sometime it works and remove the rotor touching the case back noise...

Thanks for the advice. I ended up putting the rotor from an A7750 IWC into the Navitimer (it only looks funny when you open the watch). I lubed the bearings with some high-temperature grease and it's working perfectly (and quietly), what a difference!