When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone have the Prosche Flat 6 Special Edition PVD?

fitipaldi2

Hi, I decided that my next victime will be the Porsche Flap 6. Now I don`t know wich one to buy: the one with black dial and white subdials or the all black special edition.

I did my research about the accuracy of the SP rep and I found two versions: one with white letters on the subdials and other with black lettters. Which one is the right? If anyone have the SP, could post some pictures please??

THANKS!!!!

Get the standard Porsche Design Flat 6 with the Black dial with white subdial, Coz thats like 99% accurate, I would considered that as a Super rep.

But the Special edition it seems they dont put effort to it, what they did is based it on the standard one and modify the color. So many mistake. Check this thread "http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=77827"

Here is the Gen picture for preference (you can compare it yourself)

porschedesignedition1flaw8.jpg

you can compare the different, Its pretty descend but not Darn accurate >.<.

Wrong dial, wrong font color, ...

I was about to purchase this couple of day ago, but once i saw the flaw, I went to purchase the Breitling Skyland

Edited by windyzz

Windyzz, I checked several times the other thread and I have doubts about if the picture that you posted is the real one. If you check the other thread, you will see that Evan posted a link with "non studio" photos of the wacth; on these photos you can see that the only "visible" difference between the gen and the rep is the word Automatic. I couldn`t find other non-studio photos on the web. All websites have the same photo (the one that you attached). Now I don`t know wich one is the real version.

Evan: thank you very very very very much for your photos. The last one was awesome. The watch is very good looking. I think it is the best looking of all the other Porsche reps.

Here is the non-studio photo:

post-8485-1216873627_thumb.jpg

Edited by fitipaldi2

Windyzz, I checked several times the other thread and I have doubts about if the picture that you posted is the real one. If you check the other thread, you will see that Evan posted a link with "non studio" photos of the wacth; on these photos you can see that the only "visible" difference between the gen and the rep is the word Automatic. I couldn`t find other non-studio photos on the web. All websites have the same photo (the one that you attached). Now I don`t know wich one is the real version.

Evan: thank you very very very very much for your photos. The last one was awesome. The watch is very good looking. I think it is the best looking of all the other Porsche reps.

Here is the non-studio photo:

Here i Found this picture straight from porsche design website, unless their picture are wrong.

"http://www.porsche-design.com/live/upload/P6340_E1_FlatSix_AutomaticChronograph_zoom_22652.jpg"

There is also a different other then the word automatic from the rep compare to the picture u have attatched, "The subdial, it suppose to have a metal ring around it". I believe the standard one [non special edition] is much more accurate

Edited by windyzz

Here's another site selling the P6341 with a real-world photo. I'm guessing the photos on the Porsche site and other press photos are a pre-production model, and they changed the design slightly when they started manufacturing them.

alrite! I guess they do change the product slightly, but I still reckon the rep isn't the greatest thing compare the the standard non special edition one. There is an easy obvious flaw to spot it,

1. metal ring around sub-dial

2. Automatic word under the date

3. And if I'm not wrong the lume around the bezel in gen suppose to be black

What you think ?