When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've got the blues...

Timepiece

Just this weekend a watchmaker pointed me out an IWC Portuguese 7 days in SS with blue hands, numerals and matching croc.

PortugueseAug2-02.jpg

AAAHHHHH, I WANT THIS ONE. :Jumpy:

(It will probably make me sell my other Porto once I get my hands on a decent rep...)

IMG_3917.jpg

Well, let me show you what I mean by showing some gen eyecandy I found on watchprosite and compare them to some pics from Angus.

Gen:

PortugueseAug2-07.jpg

PortugueseAug2-05.jpg

PortugueseAug2-03.jpg

Rep:

Portuguese7d-01.jpg

Gen vs Rep:

PortugueseAug2-06.jpg

Portuguese7d-03.jpg

PortugueseAug2-01.jpg

Portuguese7d-07.jpg

PortugueseAug2-04.jpg

Portuguese7d-05.jpg

Comments I found by RWG members on the rep:

SCOOBS1971:

"For the money it's quiet nice, but it has a lot of small flaws. Wrong date font and it looks recessed. On the black version the DW should be black. On the white dial versions the silver subdials are wrong and should be in the same color as the dial. Also spacing is a bit off. The shape of the 2, 4 and 7 are off."

GEO1NAH2A:

"The crown reads "SCAFUIA"

With such an open back (read: so distant from the gen), I wish they had made a better effort on the dial/crown. Markers are too big, the date placement is so obviously wrong, and the dials seem low quality. I really wish they made a better effort... "

Some other coloured straps will do nicely too!!! :D

Tobacco:

PortugueseAug2-08.jpg

Dark honey:

PortugueseAug2-09.jpg

(personaly I like that little Volvo touch...) ;)

Well, I will have to wait a little I guess... <_<

THANX for inflaming the fever some more... :D

BTW is that a rep strap and if so is that really 'night blue' or is it black?

Timepiece, you are welcome.

The strap is the rep strap that was shipped originally. Black, not bad at all, and with a very good deployant.

Cheers

Timepiece, you are welcome.

The strap is the rep strap that was shipped originally. Black, not bad at all, and with a very good deployant.

Cheers

OK. I would really like to see it on a blue gator or (moo)croc though. :rolleyes:

I got a black gator (from globalwatchband) and that improved the look of the Porto immediately.

Still need an IWC (rep) deployant for that strap, so good news that the 7 days rep one is OK!

PortugueseAug2-11.jpg

OK. I would really like to see it on a blue gator or (moo)croc though. :rolleyes:

I got a black gator (from globalwatchband) and that improved the look of the Porto immediately.

Still need an IWC (rep) deployant for that strap, so good news that the 7 days rep one is OK!

PortugueseAug2-11.jpg

Hi Timepiece,

I have a new surprise for you.

I've asked my father in love his Portu 7 days to take some pics, .... just to maintain your fever.

THis grey dial looks very very nice, I would say nicer than mine in white.

DSC_9129.jpg

DSC_9138.jpg

DSC_9147.jpg

DSC_9182.jpg

Hope you like them