When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cousteau divers 06 or 07?

mwee

Hi to all the IWC experts,

Recently, I am seriously thinking of selling off most of my reps and to re buy again. I have always had this problem, even for gens. I tend to change my watches too often!

I have a CD 06 that has a K222 Double AR, relume, DW Swap, and movement serviced done by The Zigmeister. This watch has quite a bit of cash pumped into it, not to mention the time waiting for it to be shipped back.

However, I have seen a couple of the CD 07 posted for sale and I am now seriously contemplating selling my CD06 and getting the 07.

Thanks to RWG, I now will not be able to just buy a rep and be satisfied with it. It will probably be sent for AR coating, and this time swapping to a Swiss 7750 movement.

The question I have and need the inputs of the experts is that, which is the better rep, in terms to closeness to the gen? 06 or 07?

Would really appreciate any opinions and input. Alternatively, any one that has a CD 07 fully modded and wants to sell, please send me a pm!

Thanks,

Mark

07 is closer to gen

but have you seen this:

http://www.lussori.com/iwc-aquatimer-chron...watch-8968.html

I have. Honestly, its ugly to me. My favourite Cousteau Diver is the first one without the chrono. That to me was really beautiful.

As to the 07, I have read that the subdial colours are not accurate. Not sure about that as I have not seen a gen 07 before but I have seen the 06 gen and the rep seems close. I have just ordered a swiss 7750 movement so now need to decide where I should put it in. 06 or 07.

Can't find a review on the 07 but would love to see any comparison pics betwwen gen and rep 07.