When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap info and recommendations for the DeWitt Academia?

seanf

Thinking seriously about picking up this DeWitt Academia Chronograph:

DW-ACA-CRONO-BLK-01.JPG

Only problem is that I really hate the rubber strap. I'd like to try it out on a brown croc, kind of like the one in this model of the gen:

dewitt-night-chronograph-academia-leather-wriststrip.jpg

And yes, I know the new 1940 from Angus and Jandrew has a brown croc strap (it's here: http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?pro...ture_id=215803), but boy howdee, that thing is awful.

Three questions. First, does anyone know what size strap I'd have to get? Since the watch is 43mm, I'm guessing a 22mm width strap would be OK, but I'm not sure. Also not sure of the thickness.

Second, from that picture of the gen and Angus' 1940, I can't tell if the leather strap ends are curved or straight. I know the rubber strap is curved. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've ever seen curved leather straps like that. Anyone know if a curved leather strap is available?

Finally, any recommedations for a good brown leather croc strap that would fit the Academia? I'd like it to look like the strap in the pic above, but not, you know, sucky. Or eleventy billion dollars.

This is one of the most beautiful watches out there, but the matter is almost everything with this watch is kind of special.

1) Strap is 21 width in lugs and 20 for the clasp. No way to place a 22 mm strap.

2) 6 mm thick in lugs and 3 mm in clasp.

This one would fit :

hileonardoprincipalrbrabs9.jpg

The main problem is, for what I know by now, no one has already found a proper tool for the special screws the watch has, and it seems it's almost impossible to replace the band.