When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB price drop / ceramic bezel question

jj69

Does anyone know what's the deal with the price drop on the HBB models with the ceramic bezels?

Specifically, I'm looking at the Puretime and King sites. I noticed, for example, that the "Lite" Mello Yellow is going for about $265, with the Ultimate version price at $220 more!

According to the specs, the only difference between these two models is the double sided AR on the Ultimate version. Both even have the 28,8 movement.

This leads me to believe that there MUST be some other difference. Surely, no one is going to pay a $220 premium just for AR?

Do all of these HBB's have the same ceramic bezel? I seem to recall that there was a second maker of ceramic bezels. This was about the time Angus started offering the bezel as a separate accessory. I recall there being some complaints about the newer version (i.e. improper fit on some HBB's and lesser quality).

Does anyone know exactly what bezel ships with the Lite version now?

On a side note, I noticed that Angus still has the ceramic bezel listed as a separate accessory, but it stil costs $258! For another 10 bucks you get the same bezel and an entire Mello Yellow watch! Something isn't right here.