When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone with a good watchsmith?

Guest Sql_pl

Once again I decided to ask you all for help.

Is there a person here who has a good watchsmith that would be capable of helping me out with my 16520 Daytona project?

The thing that is stopping me from completing it is the fact that genuine rolex hands ara a bit too big for the el primero movement pins.

All that needs to be done is to squeeze the tubes of the hands to mke them fit.

We do not even need to do it to all 6 of them because I managed to get genuine canon pinion and hour wheel for el primero that are being used in gen 4030 rolex caliber.

So I am only 3 small subdial hands away from completing this watch. And I am stuck at this point for 4 months already!

The Zigmeister said it is very easy, a no problem job but he does not accept any work until next year. Plus he is located in Canada.

Ubi said he can help but to fit just the hands he would have to uncase one of his frankens - it is understandable that he does not want to do it only for that reason. I asked him if I can ship my movement and hands so he can fit them to my el primero but I am not sure if it is not too risky to have it shipped to US.

So please if you have a good watchsmith that would be able to do it - let me know.

I just can't believe noone else in the world can do that!

br1ln3.jpg

Thanks!