When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Roadster Bracelet, Defect?

twofourt

Just got my Roadster in the mail today.

Unwrapped it and found that the bracelet was un-attached to the watch.

Attempted to re-attach bracelet yet something is not right with either the bracelet or the groove on the watch as I CANNOT get the bottom connection to stay locked after a little pressure is applied, and the Top will not lock in at all!!!(for those of you that dont know, it does not work on pins, but rather a level and groove system that locks into to place via a spring)

any ideas?

post-16696-1223579069_thumb.jpg

post-16696-1223579078_thumb.jpg

post-16696-1223579087_thumb.jpg

Just got my Roadster in the mail today.

Unwrapped it and found that the bracelet was un-attached to the watch.

Attempted to re-attach bracelet yet something is not right with either the bracelet or the groove on the watch as I CANNOT get the bottom connection to stay locked after a little pressure is applied, and the Top will not lock in at all!!!(for those of you that dont know, it does not work on pins, but rather a level and groove system that locks into to place via a spring)

any ideas?

Had one like that awhile back. Tried to file a little off the sides on the end link of the bracelet and the case, still no good. Since you just received it I would contact the dealer and ask for an exchange.

Also since it WAS unattached that`s why it came that way, defective from the source.

• 8 months later...

I have a roadster chrono on the way and I specifically chose one that did not have the quick release mechanism for this reason. I really like the idea of the quick release but not on a rep. Tolerances have to be pretty tight for it to work and a rep with cheaper metal parts and looser tolerances is more likely to fail. Not having the quick release mechanism will also give me more flexibility in adding a variety of leather straps.