When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Link Chrono clasp problem

sinbad339

I purchased a Tag Link Chrono, blue just about a year ago, and have loved the watch (my first rep). I noticed today that the safety clasp was loose; it wouldn't stay in the closed position. When I looked at it under magnification tonight, I noticed that there are two small spring-loaded balls that apply sideways pressure to keep it in position, and one of these is missing. Is there any simple way to fix this, or a small replacement part of the bracelet I can get? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

I purchased a Tag Link Chrono, blue just about a year ago, and have loved the watch (my first rep). I noticed today that the safety clasp was loose; it wouldn't stay in the closed position. When I looked at it under magnification tonight, I noticed that there are two small spring-loaded balls that apply sideways pressure to keep it in position, and one of these is missing. Is there any simple way to fix this, or a small replacement part of the bracelet I can get? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

Here are a couple of pics; the first shows the side with the ball as it should be.

OK_side.jpg

This pic shows the side with the now missing ball

BAD_side.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Same thing for me when i received my new Tag Link - one spring loaded ball missing.

Could not find a replacement so i fabricated a non spring loaded one.

You might have some luck at a watchsmith tho

Go to a hobby/craft shop & find brass rods. Get the closes diameter & cut to the length you need.

Smooth out the ends by sanding them & friction fit into the hole where the ball was leaving about a 1mm sticking out.

Works fine.