When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Exchanging Metal Bracelet For Leather Strap

none

Hello people,

I would like to exchange the metal bracelet of the FM Conquistador (http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=639) for a leather strap.

Does anyone know the right strap? I have not yet received the watch, should I measure the lug width or does anybody on this forum know the width? Is it difficult to get the metal bracelot off the watch?

Thanks!

Hello people,

I would like to exchange the metal bracelet of the FM Conquistador (http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=639) for a leather strap.

Does anyone know the right strap? I have not yet received the watch, should I measure the lug width or does anybody on this forum know the width? Is it difficult to get the metal bracelot off the watch?

Thanks!

You will need a very fine spring-bar tool to remove the bracelet... a standard tool probably wont pass through the very small aperture in the end-link. You could fiddle about with a tiny screwdriver... but much better to have the right tool in your hand. Help is at hand! Narikaa sells these tools at very reasonable cost.

You need to measure both the lug width and the buckle width. Probably your dealer can give you this information.

Have a look at the official FM web-site for details of the original strap. Or cruise the real watch vendor sites.

www.banda.com will make a strap for you, made to measure, from your choice of a vast range of different leathers and colours.