When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Small pictures of a custom strap a friend is making me

section8

Friend of mine has gotten into making straps, so when i got my new IWC BP, i asked him to make me two. one is going to be a traditional pilot style strap, but the other is going to be a mix of a panerai style and pilot. He dubbed it a "Paviator"

Anyway, he sent me this pic today, it's kind of small, but I'm really excited to get it.

952772.jpg

He's still working on the pilot style strap. I'll post pictures of them on the watch once i get them both.

Friend of mine has gotten into making straps, so when i got my new IWC BP, i asked him to make me two. one is going to be a traditional pilot style strap, but the other is going to be a mix of a panerai style and pilot. He dubbed it a "Paviator"

Anyway, he sent me this pic today, it's kind of small, but I'm really excited to get it.

952772.jpg

He's still working on the pilot style strap. I'll post pictures of them on the watch once i get them both.

Looks nice and heavy duty!

I need some straps for a few of my watches, love the THICK leather straps, you sure know your wearing them!

How much would he do one of those delivered to the I'm?

How much would he do one of those delivered to the I'm?

he's currently charging $63 for custom straps shipped in the states w/o a buckle. His premade straps are $43 shiped in the states w/o a buckle. If you want a buckle too they are $25 for Pre-V and deployants. I'm sure he'd ship to the UK and Europe, but I don't know what his rates for that are. He's just starting out actually so I'll ask him if he minds me pushing out his contact info here before giving it out - I don't want him to get overwhelmed with orders and not be able to fill them all!

Ok, he's fine with the referrals. Mods if this is against some kind of rules or something please let me know and i'll delete this.

http://flickr.com/photos/gorilla-straps/

Is his flickr site. This is the text of the email he just sent me:

...there are a few shots where straps are numbered. Those are all (with the exception of #1) $43 shipped to the con US w/o buckle. Add $20 for a screw in buckle (found a better vendor and the price went back down from the temp raise). #1 is made from a French Ammo Bag that required a shitload of work to extract and condition the leather prior to making. That one is $63 shipped to the con US w/o buckle.

If they want something custom made, that starts at $63 shipped w/o a buckle.

bo AT artofbo DOT com

Not sure what happened there, meant to say I was from the UK.

Ok, those prices seem pretty reasonable, specially with the work involved!

Will take a look mate.

Thanks!