When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Longines PVD plate tarnished after 6 months!@!

Mandy Rin

Hi,

Here's the deal: I bought a genuine Longines here in China. No, that's what I thought straightaway too, so had it authenticated at the main dealers in Beijing it's not a fake, it's genuine. Unfortunately, I mislaid the certificate otherwise they say it could be replated under the warranty. Weird thing is that I thought this new PVD technology made the plating virtually impervious? So anyone understand that? I read somewhere that heavy sulphur-content air could cause tarnishing but despite the notoriety of Beijing's air pollution I find it hard to believe that that could have happened so quickly after purchase. Any thoughts? So I'm not best impressed with Longines. I inherited a gold Ultrachron when I was younger but it was stolen when I was a student in Bradford. Their site seems to have no meaningful contact email addresses or I'd complain about it. So then I thought what's the point of forking out for the real deal if this happens? Might as well buy a rep. I'd like to buy reps of either this Oris Artelier: http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/item_de...b6a268547.jhtml or this Patek Philippe: http://www.patek.com/html/en/ref_5196J_001.html.

Can anyone point me in a good direction? Thanks for all and any feedback, comments, suggestions.

Take some photos of the Longines. I would be interested to see it. Also, I would consider upgrading to supporter status. You can see all the amazing reviews and information plus have access to the dealers whom have proven very trustworthy. Enjoy this place, it is a great community.