When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Polishing brushed ceramic to polished ceramic on Hublog BigBangs

Guest Dr.TuB

It sounds as if you want to take the brushed look off and make it a polished bezel? Ceramic is a super hard material

and I am not so sure that can be done. I would suspect that the high polish finish is achieved in the firing kiln when the bezel is formed. Worst case. you can probably order a polished bezel and switch it. The polished ceramic bezel looks

really good, and having it brushed, IMO takes away from the beauty of the ceramic.

knowing that composite resins are not as hard as ceramic, i think this just might work.

when restoring teeth with composite resin, the restoration looks "brushed". after using polishers, the restoration looks polished and shiny!

any other fellow dentists can give me a clue on how exactly i might go about in doing this?

It sounds as if you want to take the brushed look off and make it a polished bezel? Ceramic is a super hard material

and I am not so sure that can be done. I would suspect that the high polish finish is achieved in the firing kiln when the bezel is formed. Worst case. you can probably order a polished bezel and switch it. The polished ceramic bezel looks

really good, and having it brushed, IMO takes away from the beauty of the ceramic.

So I guess you want your Tuiga to be more correct? :)

I do not think you can polish the brushed one but I am not sure.

I think I wouldn't try, especially now that it's not possible to order just bezels.