When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lug engraving

bx2vio

Dear fellow rwg members,

I'm a noob at this rep game, but I'm already addicted, i probably read this forum about 3 to 4 hours a day! Well it's partially because I am a college sophmore student at Rice university, and lectures are SUPER BORING, so instead of listening to those old grumpy professors, I read the forum in class. I really really like this place and hope to be engaged in this forum.

I've recently purchased a red sub from members sale section. I'm 100 satisfied with the purchase. But I have a question regarding the lug serial number. From my knowledge, I think that the lug serials are engraved wrong because it seemed to be acid etched. If so hypothesis is correct, is there anything I can do to mod it to be the correct engraving?

DSC01982.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

Thank you =)

I recognise that watch ;) , glad you like it. The numbers between the lugs on most rep Rollies are etched, not engraved. Only the high dollar Vietnamese cases sold by NDTrading and Jewelry & Watch have the numbers engraved like the geniune. As far as engraving it to be more gen like, I don't think it would be worth the trouble since you would have to remove the movement from the case and find a way to engrave over the exisitng numbers with a dremel tool and engraving bit of some sort. Still, maybe some of the other Rollie experts here will chime in, maybe someone out there has the ability to do this mod easily.

Cheers B)

I recognise that watch ;) , glad you like it. The numbers between the lugs on most rep Rollies are etched, not engraved. Only the high dollar Vietnamese cases sold by NDTrading and Jewelry & Watch have the numbers engraved like the geniune. As far as engraving it to be more gen like, I don't think it would be worth the trouble since you would have to remove the movement from the case and find a way to engrave over the exisitng numbers with a dremel tool and engraving bit of some sort. Still, maybe some of the other Rollie experts here will chime in, maybe someone out there has the ability to do this mod easily.

Cheers B)

Thank you =) i like this watch a lot and love the nato strap. But wearing the strap exposes the etched serial number, that's why i'm curious to whether someone or even myself could mod the engraving.