When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The New Euromariner with upgraded crystal and gasket

Guest Dr.TuB

Guess what showed up in my mailbox today at the front desk after coming home from the clinic!?

the new Euromariner V2 (i dont know why, i love the rehaut engraving) from Chris

I personally think the rehaut engravings are AWESOME

here are some pics

any inputs and suggestions on what needs to be improved are welcomed

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

post-16085-1227536280_thumb.jpg

post-16085-1227536295_thumb.jpg

post-16085-1227536301_thumb.jpg

post-16085-1227536313_thumb.jpg

post-16085-1227536325_thumb.jpg

post-16085-1227536336_thumb.jpg

post-16085-1227536357_thumb.jpg

post-16085-1227536365_thumb.jpg

post-16085-1227536369_thumb.jpg

post-16085-1227536374_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome...may I ask when you ordered that? Did you receive a tracking or any notice prior to receiving it? I am curious because I also ordered a modded TT Euromariner four weeks ago from Chris (also with the engraved rehaut). I was told mine could take a bit longer, so this is ok...Im just curious. Chris is super busy. I see he has been working on his website.

If you would like, to post large pics without thumbnails...sign up for Photobucket...its free...then follow this links info...the same process works for either repgeek or rwg.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=6360

Thanks!

Edited by ifly65

I orded the watch 3 weeks ago.

my euromariner was shipped friday (info from postage) and arrived today noon

and chris sent an email to me in the afternoon.

im sure chris is trying to fulfill his orders the best way he can.

has anyone been "compensated"? anyone know what the compensation might be?

Looks awesome...may I ask when you ordered that? Did you receive a tracking or any notice prior to receiving it? I am curious because I also ordered a modded TT Euromariner four weeks ago from Chris (also with the engraved rehaut). I was told mine could take a bit longer, so this is ok...Im just curious. Chris is super busy. I see he has been working on his website.

If you would like, to post large pics without thumbnails...sign up for Photobucket...its free...then follow this links info...the same process works for either repgeek or rwg.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=6360

Thanks!

Nice pics. Thanks for the info. I know I'm in good hands...Chris has been really great with the emails. I know that he had to order a Noob dial,DW and bracelet since he is making me a TT that he did'nt have in stock. I actually purchased a cheapy TT in the mean time, one I can wear at my job without worries. Here are the pics...

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=41197

Of course, let the experienced members give you a review of your watch...but from what Ive learned so far, If yours has the clark crystal (it looks like one in the pics)...you should be good to GO!!!

That is ONE SWEET LOOKING WATCH....enjoy!

Edited by ifly65

wow...

that TT is NICE!!!

maybe i should get one for my father

but he's got a few gen rolexes (date just, day date w diamonds on dial and bezel), im not too sure he'll appreciate a TT sub...

Nice pics. Thanks for the info. I know I'm in good hands...Chris has been really great with the emails. I know that he had to order a Noob dial,DW and bracelet since he is making me a TT that he did'nt have in stock. I actually purchased a cheapy TT in the mean time, one I can wear at my job without worries. Here are the pics...

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=41197

Of course, let the experienced members give you a review of your watch...but from what Ive learned so far, If yours has the clark crystal (it looks like one in the pics)...you should be good to GO!!!

That is ONE SWEET LOOKING WATCH....enjoy!

Thanks! I bought it from a member on this forum...it showed up in two days. He gave me a great deal. Im really impressed at how heavy it is for a cheap Rep.

Sounds....like....YOU....may want a TT next :tu:

Before I even have my Euro TT...I already want either the Euromariner sub that you have, or the vintage Red 1680 MBK...from Chris.

Ill post pics of my Euromariner when I get it...after seeing yours...I cant wait!

Edited by ifly65

the euromariner is not heavy at all...

well, compared to the skyland, sfso, pams and hublots....

i kindda forgotten how cheaper watches such as tissots or seikos feel like on the wrist.

maybe i'll go wear my tissot tomorrow

ya right! this euromariner is gonna b glued on my wrist

has anyone been "compensated"? anyone know what the compensation might be?

Mine took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive. Not too bad I guess if it got all the qc I thought I was waiting and paying for.

However, mine arrived with a scratched bezel, glue around the pearl, a crown that I can barely get to screw in, and a crooked dial.

I have yet to hear a response in regards to my situation, all I received was the standardized email saying how busy things were etc, let alone "compensation."

In a couple of days, it be a week since I received the watch and have had no specific response to these problems.

:(

So 3 1/2 weeks and +$300 for a watch that just sits in my drawer kinda sucks.

anyways, your v2 looks nice.

I would sand down the bracelet edges and let it soak in some oil.

i thought euromariners were 455USD

Mine took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive. Not too bad I guess if it got all the qc I thought I was waiting and paying for.

However, mine arrived with a scratched bezel, glue around the pearl, a crown that I can barely get to screw in, and a crooked dial.

I have yet to hear a response in regards to my situation, all I received was the standardized email saying how busy things were etc, let alone "compensation."

In a couple of days, it be a week since I received the watch and have had no specific response to these problems.

:(

So 3 1/2 weeks and +$300 for a watch that just sits in my drawer kinda sucks.

anyways, your v2 looks nice.

I would sand down the bracelet edges and let it soak in some oil.

Glad your happy with yours, looks a peach :)

I had 5 rather annoying thing wrongbwith mine.

2 serious things.

I have a v3 ETA which basically sounds aweful,

and is falling apart.

Must be a one of a bad batch as so other have had

similar issues to mine.

Have a full review prepared which I really don't want to post :(

looks awesome. I got my Euromariner on friday with engravings...I also think the engravings look really cool. first thing i did was oil the bracelet and sand the crown guards---they are now identical to gen.

I also sanded the sides a,d took some tension out of the clasp. it looks and feels like a gen now, although i find the noob bracelet kind of light.

looks awesome. I got my Euromariner on friday with engravings...I also think the engravings look really cool. first thing i did was oil the bracelet and sand the crown guards---they are now identical to gen.

I also sanded the sides a,d took some tension out of the clasp. it looks and feels like a gen now, although i find the noob bracelet kind of light.

How did you take tension out of the clasp and what type oil?

why do we need to oil the bracelet?

mine is pretty nice....

as for clasps, i just tried to winden it a little to make it a bit looser.

it was so tight when i first got it at noon today. i had to literally PRY it open

How did you take tension out of the clasp and what type oil?

does the gen have this silky feel!?!??!

and what kind of oil should i use?

Oiling would give it a silky feel.

When you are rinsing the oil, don't rinse 100% of it. Leave like 5% oil on it and it feels gooooooooood.

Also, move the links around while submerged in the oil.

does the gen have this silky feel!?!??!

and what kind of oil should i use?

well, seems as everyone has there own recipe. Some use 3 in 1, cooking oils, etc.

Here's the recipe that I like

I use this when I am working on my friends watches before I hand them back.

A nice bracelet tune up if you would. ;)

I buff the corners with a polishing compound on my dremel on low speed.

Then, I clean it really well with soapy water to remove grime. I use a toothbrush.

I use wd 40 first and really soak the bracelet. I move the links around till they are nice and freely moving. If this is a new bracelet, I am not afraid to give it some love and pull on it a little to stretch it out if the movement is restricted.

Then I clean again gently.

Next comes the olive oil bath. I let it soak as long as time permits. I also move the links while submerged.

Then I GENTLY clean with lightly soaped water till almost all the oil is gone.

Then I dry using a polishing/cleaning cloth.

And viola!

Enjoy!

I use marvels mystery oil and a rag to wipe of the excess...no water. It was a vast improvement without too much hassle.

I am a bit concerned...I paid 'dearly' for a Eurotimes Modded from Chris. I too have written an email concerning the progress on my order a week ago with no return email as of yet. I have read from another post that he is on a trip. I sure hope mine doesnt show up with these issues.

I tried wd-40...I like that more. Now Im tempted to do the olive oil! Too bad you have to get these wet though to clean them.

Thanks CHT for the tips. Im sorry to hear about your watch problems. Im sure Chris will take care of it for you when he returns. Ive read other posts where people have had smaller issues and Chris went out of his way to send them the correct parts free of charge...etc.