When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

is this real?

VDBroucke

I'm not sure if this is the same watch or not. But, I did grab it from a Paneristi pic where it was shown during a table shot at a GTG.

It was a small pic and I resized it as large as I could without getting too much distortion.

Anyway, small MM print as well. Personally I really like it. If it's real, it would be a great one to rep.

MMBase.jpg

Savage

MM looks like a re-dial jobbie to me.

The Rad is also very suspicious with closed loop 6 and 9, odd number 12, out-of-whack dial txt and contemporary Rad case without welded lugs.

I'm sure someone will pick this to pieces over there soon :)

There's nothing wrong with the Rad - it was a prototype plastic (bakelite?) dial from the 40's - I believe Ferretti posted a very informative post about them a few months back.

It's a difficult one with the MM 6152 - but looking at the case, bezel, (and from the other photos in the album) lugs and case back, it does look reasonably authentic - perhaps a prototype / redial? A nice collection, regardless!

There's nothing wrong with the Rad - it was a prototype plastic (bakelite?) dial from the 40's - I believe Ferretti posted a very informative post about them a few months back.

So where do you believe he sourced the Rad case with screw-in lugs ? I doubt that was genuine spare part, unless he uncased another contempo Rad to do the mod.

I've seen the dial before as well, but looked a bit diferent dial txt wise. It had two "dots" or holes right and left from the hand stack just like this one, but to me the txt looked real McCoy, not like on the photo posted...but hey, it's hard to say these days which dial is gen vintage or rep for sure, especialy with all the prototypes Panerai came out during war years.

So where do you believe he sourced the Rad case with screw-in lugs ? I doubt that was genuine spare part, unless he uncased another contempo Rad to do the mod.

I've seen the dial before as well, but looked a bit diferent dial txt wise. It had two "dots" or holes right and left from the hand stack just like this one, but to me the txt looked real McCoy, not like on the photo posted...but hey, it's hard to say these days which dial is gen vintage or rep for sure, especialy with all the prototypes Panerai came out during war years.

Which Rad case with screw in lugs? The one pictured is a vintage case - admittedly, the welding is less obvious / non existant compared to some.

Here's the Ferretti post (the photos seem to have been removed) that I mentioned, as well as the post that provoked the original discussion about plastic dials!