When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aged Tritium Looking Lume

Guest Sql_pl

Once my T crowns arrived I suddenly regained my interest in PAMs.

I did not expect that coming, I've cut my collection down to only two pieces that have been gathering dust for a long long time.

And then BAM! PAM bit me again!

Soo... I have this F series 111:

88160246ja2.jpg

It is an example from 2005 so it has the sought after 1:1 case that is said to be very hard to find now.

In the meantime it had a canon pinion changed and T48 crown added.

But still - the back is not convincing. It has nice swiss 6497 with correct shaped bridges, swan neck but PANERAI PANERAI PANERAI engravings are not good enough as you all know.

So I came to conclusion the best thing to do would be to convert it to 1A or 1B PAM. I believe both casebacks should be available from DSN (need to contact him to find out).

Wht is left is lume if I want to go 1A route. I think much cooler than 1B which is luminova dial so not that different from 111. I guess nice T dial with nicely aged tritium colored markers would even add that genuine feel to the watch.

So my question is - where can I have my dial lumed to look like old tritium? I guess The Zigmeister is the best option but I believe his schedule is so loaded I'd be able to have it done like next year....

If you have any other suggestion about lume or what else can be done to make my watch better I am all ears!

I'd also appreciate some pics of the job already done to your PAMs

Thanks

M