When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First time PAM buyer need some advice

skyline

Hi All,

I am a first time PAM buyer - and I've been reading these forums extensively for the past two days. If anyone could help me out with some questions, or offer advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

1. I've gone through alot of Panerai forum topics and the dealer's area. Does anyone recommended a preferred rep dealer? I've read alot about Davidsenjpn (although there's not alot of recent posts), but not so much on other dealers.

2. I'm interested in the PAM 111 or PAM 276 - what is the difference in PAM series (I've seen alot of Hs, but also noticed a few Is, Js and Ks).

I work in QA, so quality is very important to me.

In terms of specs, not looking for much:

- sapphire crystal with AR coating

- movement can be either swiss or asian

- water resistant

Thanks!

My first advice would be to buy a 111, or better, the very similar 001, whiich are by far the more accurately repped of the 2 models you're looking at.

I recommend an 01 over a 111 is for 3 reasons:

--they have solid casebacks, which eliminates the problem of the rep movements which are instantly identifiable as fake;

--there is no need for AR (no AR is far preferable to bad rep AR which also instantly ID's your watch as rep except it does so on the wrist);

---and the value of genuine 01's is greater than 111's allowing you to spend some money on mods down the road without worring that you'll be spending too much money relative to just buying a gen.

A good 01 one rep with a couple of easy mods (relume and crown guard "flat pin mod") and a nice strap will look genuine to 99.99% of the people who see it, even those who have seen many panerais.

Some people swear by davidsen. Others have had repeated problems with him. He does sell a pretty good 01 Rep, however. The vbery best way to get a great piece, though, would be to regularly check the members' trade area. 01's and 111's are very popular reps and are up for sale almost constantly, and if you are not in a big hurry I bet you will find a piece that has already been moddedat a good price.

Counting on the water resistance of any rep is asking for big trouble, BTW.

Hi All,

I am a first time PAM buyer - and I've been reading these forums extensively for the past two days. If anyone could help me out with some questions, or offer advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

1. I've gone through alot of Panerai forum topics and the dealer's area. Does anyone recommended a preferred rep dealer? I've read alot about Davidsenjpn (although there's not alot of recent posts), but not so much on other dealers.

2. I'm interested in the PAM 111 or PAM 276 - what is the difference in PAM series (I've seen alot of Hs, but also noticed a few Is, Js and Ks).

I work in QA, so quality is very important to me.

In terms of specs, not looking for much:

- sapphire crystal with AR coating

- movement can be either swiss or asian

- water resistant

Thanks!

I have a 111 from Josh and a 089 from Davidsen. both are nice, about $300- 350. no problems with

the dealers. i have alot of experience with Josh, one time only with DSN.

the 111 seems to have a swiss mov't. the GMT an A7750

wow very nice pieces...

the 111 from Josh - does he have a website or contact?

Thanks!

My first advice would be to buy a 111, or better, the very similar 001, whiich are by far the more accurately repped of the 2 models you're looking at.

I recommend an 01 over a 111 is for 3 reasons:

--they have solid casebacks, which eliminates the problem of the rep movements which are instantly identifiable as fake;

--there is no need for AR (no AR is far preferable to bad rep AR which also instantly ID's your watch as rep except it does so on the wrist);

---and the value of genuine 01's is greater than 111's allowing you to spend some money on mods down the road without worring that you'll be spending too much money relative to just buying a gen.

A good 01 one rep with a couple of easy mods (relume and crown guard "flat pin mod") and a nice strap will look genuine to 99.99% of the people who see it, even those who have seen many panerais.

Some people swear by davidsen. Others have had repeated problems with him. He does sell a pretty good 01 Rep, however. The vbery best way to get a great piece, though, would be to regularly check the members' trade area. 01's and 111's are very popular reps and are up for sale almost constantly, and if you are not in a big hurry I bet you will find a piece that has already been moddedat a good price.

Counting on the water resistance of any rep is asking for big trouble, BTW.

Thanks for the advice - I didn't even consider the 001. What is the difference between the 001 and 111? Is it just the 001 is an older production model?

What is the general price for an 111H and 001 rep?