When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Divers Extension on a Sub bracelet

URkuk

I have a new WM9 V2 sub..I removed the bracelet to give it a baby oil bath and wanted to open the divers extension

It does not want to open..Is there some trick I don't know about to open the extension?

I thought it just pulled down?...I don't want to force it open for fear of damaging something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill

Find the link with the little circle on the inside of the bracelet. Press on the circle and it will pop open.

That is what I have been doing, I push the button and try to open it but it won't budge..

I wrote an email to George maybe he can fix or replace the bracelet

Something is not right with this one

Bill

I managed to locate and repair the problem. In case anyone has a similar problem here is what I found.

I soaked the entire bracelet in baby oil for about 3 hrs. I removed it from the oil, rinsed the bracelet and with some effort I managed to open the divers extension. The first link of the divers extension was real tight and did not rotate as it should. I removed the screw and inspected it with a loupe. I found a tiny burr on the body of the screw which I removed with a dremel. I put a drop of baby oil on the screw, reassembled the bracelet and the divers extension now works like a charm. Here is a photo of the culprit screw

pin.jpg

I think I will take ALL the screws out, inspect them and soak everything in baby oil overnight.

The bracelet seems a bit stiff and now I suspect I might have additional screws with tiny burrs

Bill