When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello all

olorin65

Hi,

I've been interested in mechanical watches for about 10 years now. I've been buying and selling genuine watches over on TimeZone primarily. My obsession started when I received a very cheap Rolex Sub replica as a gift from a family member. That got me interested and within 6 months I purchased a real TT Sub and started on my adventure that has led me through several Rolexes ( the SS GMT-II is the only one I've kept), a few Omegas, a couple of IWC's (I've still got the UTC) as well as Zenith and Tag as well as a couple of vintage tuning fork Accutrons. I found this site while searching for a bracelet for my IWC UTC (which I found elsewhere).

I love the idea of being able to purchase a decent copy of a high end piece and wear it long enough to really tell if I like it enough to own the real thing. Over the years I've bought several pieces only to become bored and sell them after three months at a loss larger than the cost of a good rep.

There's TONS of great info here and I've barely begun to scratch the surface. Thanks to all who have gone before to create this content and I hope to contribute something useful soon.

In the meantime, I've attached pics of some favorites past and present...

Best,

Tony.

post-19169-1230603493_thumb.jpg

post-19169-1230603734_thumb.jpg

post-19169-1230603884_thumb.jpg

Welcome and PS that Daytona is absolutely "to die for" !!

Thanks!

Re: the Daytona, yes, it was. It started out life as a genuine white dialled 116523. I've always lusted after the 116528 with the black/champagne dial (sometimes erroneously called a Paul Newman dial).

After about two years, I grew bored with the white dial and happened upon a dealer with a genuine black/champagne dial with hands who was willing to do the swap for me (for a fee, of course). I ended up with a 100% genuine Rolex that was never offered for sale in the US. Franken Watch? It didn't really hinder my sale when I grew bored with THAT combination. I'm almost sorry I sold it. Oh, well.

Sorry, I tend to ramble. Thanks for the welcome aboard.

Here's a better pic of the Daytona:

DaytonaCloseUp.jpg

Happy New Year,

Tony.