When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown problem with new HBB King

mastmampf

Hello,

i received the Hublot BigBang King from timeshops.net today. A real eye catcher.

But i have a problem. It is nearly impossible for me to push the crown back in place after setting the time. It seems that the spring from the crown is hanging or something else. Thereby i can not set the time exactly.

Also i can not wind up the movement like all my other watches. Sometimes the crown slides through.

Is this a problem with the crown itself or is it more?

I don`t want to ship the watch back to Mark. Maybe i can fix it by myself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks i advance for helping.

Greetz

Matz

I have a BBK SS. The crown is a little wobbly but it doesn't seem to be as bad as yours. I don't know how to fix watches but this is what I do with mine.

If the crown doesn't start threading when I push it in, it usually will if I wind it backwards a tad bit.

Manually winding this and any 7750 is always easier if the time is set between 6:00 and 9:00. I go slow, of course. Also, if the gears seem to catch while winding I'll pull the crown out a tiny bit and it always winds much better.

I've been able to regulate the time on mine. It was running a minute slow, now it's about 15 seconds off.

Lots of guys have complained about the wobbly crown, though.