When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 233 GMT 1950

yaroslav111

I don't think you'll see one in the near future.

There are several things to consider if you're considering this piece.

1. It has an in-house movement. The design is too exotic and unique for rep makers to replicate. It's not cost effective for them right now.

2. Any rep (at least right now) won't have the eight day power reserve that's on this watch.

3. As with any watch with an in-house movement (including Jaeger LeCoultre), if you're looking for accuracy, go for cosmetic accuracy. This means that you'll most likely want watches that have a solid caseback instead of a see-thru caseback.

4. There are varying levels of "accuracy" that I'm willing to stick to. If the timepiece looks nice and no one's going to see the caseback but myself, then go for it. You may see this Panerai get close to looking like the original except for the back, but then again, you'll have to deal with power reserve that isn't eight days more like 40 hours).

5. I like fantasy watches. If the piece is still good looking to you, dive in. It's about your comfort level.

but to answer your original question, you aren't going to have much luck finding an accurate rep of this.