When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do I know which rep a collector is selling?

kornblomst

Hi,

Still a noob...and definately on the Pam scene, but I have spent hours reading in this forum and checking out gens on paneristi.com.

As I understand from reading in the forum, the best rep is probably the pam005 logo, which is also the one I favour alongside pam89 and the popular 111.

So the problem is that I'm located in Europe and as I see it the best reps are from DSN and tt88time.com who are located outside the EU giving problems with customs etc.

I have successfully bought from PT previously, but in this jungle of variating pam reps, I'm not sure how good his are compared to the abovementioned, with regards to lume, AR and other "mods".

I found a post dated back to june last year claiming that Pams from PT were "standard" and assumed that they do meet the quality of the ones from DSN and tt88time.com. Is still correct?

Do any of you non-noobs :), have any experiences with EU-collectors and the quality?

Awesome forum and thanks for all the help and info you guys post here

/Korn

DSN specializes in PAM. The most visible difference between a DSN and a high grade PAM rep from another collector is the lume on dial and hands. To get a (pretty close to) perfect PAM rep, you need much more than either DSN or any other collector delivers out of the box. But then again, "close to" depends on how anal you are. Some members will discuss for hours whether the spacing of the print on the dial is off by fractions of a millimeter, others simply don't give a...

The movements all come from the same country (CN), so do the crystals, and if you want perfect Crownguard, perfect crown you will have to source additional parts anyhow.

Therefore - if you are concerned about customs but absolutely want a better than out of the box PAM, why don't you check the sales section and wait for an EU member to sell his modded PAM?