When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portuguese Chrono 3714 --- HELP needed

kgbAgent

Hi folks

Having spent the last 2 days scouring the forums (to the extent I didn't go to work today ) I am hopeful that someone can ease me past the untold browser windows I have open & point me in the right direction.

I have bought 2 Portos in the last 2 years - one (white-face gold letters & dials) at MBK in Bangkok from a supposed good dealer that just stops completely after less than an hour. It was "fixed" by them on a flying visit 6 mths later that worked for about a day. The 2nd (white-face blue letters & dials) I bought 7 mths ago in Hanoi. It seems a good rep from what I can see of other pics I have seen on here with sapphire glass but it sporadically *STOPS* also ... ie 10 or so times a day & def overnite.

As you can guess I love this watch & that brings me to my questions.

I reside in Australia and it seems all the "necessities" incl purchase is from OS. What I want is the 2 watches with AR & the graphite fixes done before I receive the goodies. I am happy to pay in advance but as you can imagine I want to avoid sending the watches back and forth around the world several times.

I expect that I need to pay more for this but figure that with the postal costs of import/export sev times's that it is worth the extra.

Can any of you kind ppl make a suggestion ?

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Hi folks

Having spent the last 2 days scouring the forums (to the extent I didn't go to work today ) I am hopeful that someone can ease me past the untold browser windows I have open & point me in the right direction.

I have bought 2 Portos in the last 2 years - one (white-face gold letters & dials) at MBK in Bangkok from a supposed good dealer that just stops completely after less than an hour. It was "fixed" by them on a flying visit 6 mths later that worked for about a day. The 2nd (white-face blue letters & dials) I bought 7 mths ago in Hanoi. It seems a good rep from what I can see of other pics I have seen on here with sapphire glass but it sporadically *STOPS* also ... ie 10 or so times a day & def overnite.

As you can guess I love this watch & that brings me to my questions.

I reside in Australia and it seems all the "necessities" incl purchase is from OS. What I want is the 2 watches with AR & the graphite fixes done before I receive the goodies. I am happy to pay in advance but as you can imagine I want to avoid sending the watches back and forth around the world several times.

I expect that I need to pay more for this but figure that with the postal costs of import/export sev times's that it is worth the extra.

Can any of you kind ppl make a suggestion ?

Thanks for reading

Cheers

hi there

what you have to do is to take it to the neares watchmaker and having the movment good oiling

and serviced

its a known prob with thise movements b cos of the mass prodaction

hope its help