When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hey Lani, are our V3 Deep Sea casebacks Ti plated or solid TI

tanya

Lani and or any proud V3 Deepsea club members

Seeing a few micro scratches on the caseback on my new beloved V3 Deep Sea from Josh. Not a huge deal to me but it appears that there may be bare steel underneath. Wondering if anyone else is seeing this after wearing in for a few weeks now. Does't change my opinion of the watch. My Gens LV, TT sub, Yachtie and GMT II Ceramic are collecting winder dust since I got this. BUT Ti plating instead of solid Ti would bother me a little bit only in that I would eventually have to buy a new V3 caseback or try to find a gen caseback (if one can be had)

"Titanium is too active to plate out of an aqueous plating bath. Oversimplifying, the water will separate into hydrogen and oxygen before the titanium will ionize; however, there is some scientific literature claiming that it SHOULD be possible. In aerospace plating it is normally struck with nickel first. The difficulty with plating Ti is that it is difficult to activate and it passivates very rapidly. Several plating books have cycles for plating Ti. It is considerably more difficult than you might be lead to believe to have a very low reject rate when compared to normal base metals. "

If it's a Rep then it sounds like it would be way too difficult/expensive to plate it using Ti.

So you think it's solid and the scratched are just unusually silvery looking?? Or is it possible that it is actually plated and it's not Ti but a Ti looking finish?

Someone put a gouge in your caseback now I need to know

Someone put a gouge in your caseback now I need to know.

Some one put a GOUGE in MY case back!!!!!! Mother F***er!!! SOMEONE'S GETTING AN ASS-WHUPPING!!!!!! Who was it "tanya"? Did you actually SEE them do it? What did they look like?? Where did they go to? Did they use some sort of tool or implement? (if they did it with their bare hands then maybe I'll just let it go). Son of a [censored]!!!!!!!!

Some one put a GOUGE in MY case back!!!!!! Mother F***er!!! SOMEONE'S GETTING AN ASS-WHUPPING!!!!!! Who was it "tanya"? Did you actually SEE them do it? What did they look like?? Where did they go to? Did they use some sort of tool or implement? (if they did it with their bare hands then maybe I'll just let it go). Son of a [censored]!!!!!!!!

Spider, Watch your mouth please! ;)

MM

Spider, Watch your mouth please! ;)

MM

Sorry EmineM, It's just that EVERY TIME "tanya" tells me that someone gouged my caseback, I just lose my mind! I think she knows that it gets my dander up. I've cooled down now, but if I FIND the guy that did it! Well.......................things that are not very nice. That's what.