When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW/MBK APROO vs. Dealers APROO

edgematic

I know the dials of the MBW ones are better, but that's it. I'd like to know what the differences are between the two versions.

Also I'm a bit confused about the sec @ 12. I know the dealers have them, but has the MBW one also sec @ 12, sometimes I see they don't, sometimes I see the do...

What also may be important, what is the difference in price?

As I'm planning a backpacking holiday to Thailand in September (posted a thread in the off topic section), I'm saving up a bit for the MBW/MBK AP ROO. As it's one of my fav. watches.

Anyone who can clear these things up? I already used the search function, but can't find a lot...

MBW/MBK has one of the most accurate dials and good quality cases one of the best reps out there unfortunately it is not sec @12. other dealers already carry the sec@12.

when we say sec@12 it means the subdial on "12" is the seconds counter which is exactly the same as the gen. on the mbws the sec subdial is situated at "9" which is a dead giveaway. this is a small detail but big enough for me a reason on not pulling the trigger on a MBW/MBK

Had 1 MBK/MBW and 2 modern sec@12 watches.

The sec@12 wins hands down.

The case is much better, more pronounced, the edges are much better. MBW seems stupidly "rounded" here and there when you compare them.

Sec@12 is constructed like gen - sandwich made of bezel, case, casabck and screws that connect it all. MBW has bezel that is glued onto the case and fake bezel screws that do not look nearly as good as Chinese ROO.

Sec@12 has also an advantage of - you would not expect that :) - of having running secs at 12 - exactly where they should be. :)

Also the date wheel font is much better in sec@12 which is actually spot on to gen.

In 6 words: "Secs@12 is the one to buy!" :)

Good luck.

Had 1 MBK/MBW and 2 modern sec@12 watches.

The sec@12 wins hands down.

The case is much better, more pronounced, the edges are much better. MBW seems stupidly "rounded" here and there when you compare them.

Sec@12 is constructed like gen - sandwich made of bezel, case, casabck and screws that connect it all. MBW has bezel that is glued onto the case and fake bezel screws that do not look nearly as good as Chinese ROO.

Sec@12 has also an advantage of - you would not expect that :) - of having running secs at 12 - exactly where they should be. :)

Also the date wheel font is much better in sec@12 which is actually spot on to gen.

In 6 words: "Secs@12 is the one to buy!" :)

Good luck.

Ok, thanks for your reply, seems to be clear for me now. Didn't know the MBW one had a glued bezel