When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your personal opinion......

AAUSTIN

I know how everyone loves to weigh in with an opinion; and opinions are very respected on this board so I thought I'd throw this out there. What is your opinion of the new Cartier Santos 100 with rubber strap and rubber bezel? I have been intrigued with this watch as I am not a fan of the Cartier line, however this watch is very unique. Too unique?

I know how everyone loves to weigh in with an opinion; and opinions are very respected on this board so I thought I'd throw this out there. What is your opinion of the new Cartier Santos 100 with rubber strap and rubber bezel? I have been intrigued with this watch as I am not a fan of the Cartier line, however this watch is very unique. Too unique?

I was never really a fan of the cartier's in general until I randomly threw on a Santos black leather I had laying around... got more comments on this watch than anything else I have worn. This is the only leather strap watch I have and was the reason I never really wore it, yet as of recently have not taken it off.

Its far lighter (I assume the rubber would be as well) than a traditional steel strap and I have actually gotten real used to it.

Its nice cause the black leather classes up jeans and a polo real well and works with a suit too... as for the rubber I don't know about wearing it with a suit but definitely works otherwise.

Where are you considering purchasing from?

I was never really a fan of the cartier's in general until I randomly threw on a Santos black leather I had laying around... got more comments on this watch than anything else I have worn. This is the only leather strap watch I have and was the reason I never really wore it, yet as of recently have not taken it off.

Its far lighter (I assume the rubber would be as well) than a traditional steel strap and I have actually gotten real used to it.

Its nice cause the black leather classes up jeans and a polo real well and works with a suit too... as for the rubber I don't know about wearing it with a suit but definitely works otherwise.

Where are you considering purchasing from?

I'm looking at getting it from "king". The rep looks as flawless as can be and the price is excellent. $240 for ETA free shipping. I agree with you on the "look" of the santos, the roman numberals can make it appropriate for either wear. Also conscidering Omega PO, do you own one? What is your take on them?