When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos Dumont

If you see Kay

wont be hard :)

here we go...

on the main pic (displaying the clasp), you see two "horns" sticking out..

3e096b2ee198c2a97ddbfd87e9dad6ddima.jpg

You take the strap and try and squeeze them out of those horns. having done that you can adjust the strap by pulling it to the desired place and then place the strap ends back into place under the horns (reverse procedure)

if you haven't put the strap on fully, i suggest you do that first.

Good luck.

Edited by asim

These are a pig to do!! I have the Cartier 21 signature and it's a horrible thing to put on (well in saying that so are most watches when you cant see or use your right arm!!lol) As Asim said, you have to slide through the horns ad almost come back on your self. Be very careful how hard you pull at the strap, I got a bit miffed at mine one day and hauled the strap clean off one side of the case horns! Was a nice rubbe and SS bracelet too! So bear that in mind when getting upset and the steam iscoming out your ears!! lol, they kinda pricey to replace!

Very nice watches though, wear it well bud!

Do you have to adjust the fold back on the horns each time you wear it, or is it a one time deal?

I haven't purchased it yet, but shortlisted this one as a possible. The other two shortlisted are the PP Calatrava and a PP Gondolo.

BTW, which one is more popular for Men. The YG, RG or the SS?

haha i admit, at first its a b8888 to do yeh. once you get the teck its fine.

and as nikki said actually, when you do pull the strap, be careful and do it slowly.

as for which model is most popular, well that's honestly down to your own style and personality.

SS usually goes with pretty much anything, gold makes you more selective. and if they are plated, you are going to tend to wear it less often to keep the plating safe.

i'd go SS myself though.

The rubber and SS strap I have for my 21 is really nice, not all SS so not as much in your face and the rubber accents make it a little lighter and more comfy to wear. I'm not sure if you can get them for your model, sorry I can't see the watch, but if you can and it goes with the face and case, then I would definately reccommend it for sure!