When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Molnja In 6152

gattenda

Hi

i enjoyed reading your articles... so much good info! i have 2 questions.

1) i want to know if old Molnija movement ( http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/AveLouis3/77.jpg ) would fit to 6152 ( http://www.aspire-eshop.com/product_info.p...products_id=928 ) as they are the same movement of different generations. I searched thru RWG but couldn't find the answer.

2) also, i read that removing the stem off of these movement is not trivial... do you have a post for this?

thanks a lot

Edited by gattenda

Hope Rob does not mind me answering this but I have experience of these older Molnija's. Yes they will fit perfectly - there is nothing to be done when swapping them. The problem that you refer to is more of an issue with the current molnija as part of the keyless works often disengages from the clutch so that the watch will not wind, which means lots of assembly and disassembly and swearing. The older Molly has a screw instead of a spring loaded button to release the stem which you turn 1.5 turns to remove and is much less of a problem because of this.

Mark has done a great job covering the question.

The caution on the stem release is a valid one, the push release models are terrible...

Big problem is also the rust on some of these models, certainly all the rep ones I have seen had rust...

Thanks for the kind words, glad you found some useful info in there...

RG