When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Came back from my AD And love this watch!

Prsist

I did a brief search and found nothing close except the PAM220 ult. ed. improved form puretime. It's close, real close but it has a black dial and I'm looking for a white dial. mt questions:

1. Does anyone know of a pam made that is similar but with white dial?

2. Can the black dial be swapped with a white one? Does anyone make a white dial?

3. I've read bad things about the movt (Asian 7750), is it a reliable movt? Am I inviting trouble with this movt?

4. How good of a dealer is Puretime?

I know I asked some questions that I have to do my homework on and I intend to but am seeking advie from the well respected members here on rwg.

post-20257-1235276157_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I'll try ...

1 - PAM220 or PAM104, both are 44mm Auto pams with black dial under comtemporary line. Except for PAM251, 188 daylight chrono with white dial (both 44mm) and PAM49 or 51 (both 40mm). I don't remember seeing any white dial 44mm auto pams.

2 - It is possible to swap a white dial from (PAM49 or 51) if you have a PAM050 or 48 (both 40mm black dial) cos all of these used the same A7750 movt. PAM220 is not possible as Panerai do not have a white dial auto pam in the comtemporary line.

3 - The older low beat A7750 have usually reliability issue. However, the high beat A7750 are better but beware as the hands used on for the older A7750 will not fit the new A7750. It really depends on your luck, I have several ones with older A7750 and they are still running well. Another way is get it serviced so that it will last you longer.

4 - Not sure as I never try his service before

If you really like a white dial PAM. You may want to consider PAM114,113 & 207a. All are using handwind 6497 movt (choice of swiss or Asian) which are reliable imo.

Hope this helps ^_^

Edited by jitai

1 - PAM220 or PAM104, both are 44mm Auto pams with black dial under comtemporary line. Except for PAM251, 188 daylight chrono with white dial (both 44mm) and PAM49 or 51 (both 40mm). I don't remember seeing any white dial 44mm auto pams.

2 - It is possible to swap a white dial from (PAM49 or 51) if you have a PAM050 or 48 (both 40mm black dial) cos all of these used the same A7750 movt. PAM220 is not possible as Panerai do not have a white dial auto pam in the comtemporary line.

Thanks! A couple questions:

To do a dial swap are you refering to a rep or gen dial? Do you know where i could source a dial? Or would I have to buy two reps and swap dials?