When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ballon Bleu intro

Bossart

Posted this elsewhere recently - posted here for those not in other forums.

Simply meant as an intro to this model.

Recently received this Cartier Ballon Blue to add to my Cartier collection.

Maybe not a perfect 1 to 1, but all in all a pretty close effort - so I'm pretty pleased (the small differences are almost trivial IMO).

CartBalon01W.jpg

It's actually a very nice watch to wear, being really quite heavy the weight distribution allows it to cling to the wrist very neatly, so you don't need to have the bracelet too tight.

CartBalon02W.jpg

The case is quite well made and has a nice polished finish.

The bracelet has a really nice two tone highly polished quality and the link pins are an easy push fit, unlike some of the Cartier rep bracelets which are screwed and subject to screw head and thread problems.

The date window detail is excellent and the date is very clear and well defined with good quality date/ring print. It also sits bang in the middle of the window as it should.

The dial numerals are well defined and stand out well in good relief and look quality.

The hands are very deep blue and look almost black - only showing really blue on the wrist photograph with the light at an angle.

CartBalon03W.jpg

The crystal feels very heavy, solid to tap and warm smooth to the touch and is domed perfectly in tune with the case shape.

The nicely shaped steel back is engraved Cartier Ballon Blue, water resistant with a CC number and Swiss Made.

CartBalonWrW.jpg

It's a good size at 38mm (and looks bigger) by about 10mm depth (front and back are domed) and looks very slim on the wrist.

As it's quartz I don't expect any accuracy issues and so far it's kept pretty much perfect time. Adjusting hands and date - both actions are very smooth and feel good. Not ratchety like some.

Sourced for me on his recent Asian trip - by Narikaa.

It's a good size at 38mm (and looks bigger) by about 10mm depth (front and back are domed) and looks very slim on the wrist.

As it's quartz I don't expect any accuracy issues and so far it's kept pretty much perfect time. Adjusting hands and date - both actions are very smooth and feel good. Not ratchety like some.

Sourced for me on his recent Asian trip - by Narikaa.

My father has a Gen...I'll take a close look and point out the differences for ya! Nice buy!

Edited by OneMan24