When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chief DAR coating on AP watches?

bosk

Choices for my next DAR coating are a MBW AP jumbo, MBW AP ROO themes, or MBW AP EOD.

which of these would u guys get DAR'd? I don't want to deal with the screws of my sec at 12 AP ROO (which has a white dial)....so leaving this one alone for now.

Considering gens are not coated and the AP crystals are very flat to begin with, DAR is not really needed but it does make the dial POP. My AP RO chrono Paris is DAR'd.

DSC00080.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

Also getting DAR'd with this run are maybe 2 nice flat omega SMP crystals (no coke-bottle effect) or a PAM crystal...I have maybe 3 slots in the next run...possibly 2.

-bosk

I got my AP ROO seconds at 12 coated and it makes a huge difference.

The fact that the crystals are flat mean that the coating has even more of a "invisible" effect.

Same as HBB crystals.

Gen accuracy or not it makes the watch look nicer and therefore closer to gen quality IMO.

Cheers,

R

I just found this piece on King's site. The caseback seems to be incorrect but it's for sale for $2xx. Half the price of the other ROO.

Got mine from King too and Josh carries it too.

It comes in two versions...black or white date wheel. It is highly inaccurate to the gen but in terms of watch design, it looks great. Gen is a Royal Oak chrono with sec at 6 in Ti...~40mm...as opposed to the ROO case in SS with sec at 9 used for the rep...42mm. The rep is just a nice quality beautiful watch (not the rep strap tho...although oracle straps fit fine).

The gen has the white datewheel, BTW.