When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Decisions between 2 Fiddys

OneMan24

Hey all,

Just trying to figure out where I should get my fiddy from. Davidsen hasn't responded to my 2 emails or PM sent a week ago so I figured I'd go for one from the dealers...

Here are 2 that I am trying to decide between...one from PureTime/ReplicaWatchShop and the other from Trusty Time....

The puretime fully modded from them comes to $318 vs TT's $378 for what looks to be the same watch and mods....thoughts?

PT/RWS:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?productID=225

PAM127-SL-01.JPG

TrustyTIme:

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...51ce04a35bb2d9d

c9fa7a7ee2cfde8aa0580e772677f5be.image.750x498.jpg

Also I have been strongly considering a Marina Militaire....any suggestions for which one and from who? Titanium....

Thanks everyone!

Yeah see I spoke with Vacuum through email and he was happy to mod the one I get if I can't get one from Davidsen. Does Davidsen normally take this long to reply?

Also which of the above 2 would you go for? What are the issues other than lume and cannon pin?

Between the two I would go with the PureTime one. If I'm not mistaken you can get it with the CP fix done and superlumed. Pass on the TT "Ultimate Swiss" version. You will not get a watch with the movement pictured. The movement pictured there is the engraved bridges swiss and that mvt has not been available for some time. There have been a couple of RG members who have purchased that over the past year and when they have posted pics of it they have in fact been sent an asian mvt watch including the flared balance wheel spokes. As for DSN that's an option but be aware that he has not had the correct "E" mvts for quite sometime now. You will get an "H" mvt which is incorrect for a 127. If you're open to the destro Marina Militares you could always go with a DSN 217. If you want a nice Fiddy keep an eye on the sales sections on the various forums. They do come up for sale from time to time.

So puretime's mvt advertised is what I'll get? Is that correct to the fiddy? I will get it CP fixed and lumed.

The fiddys for sale, how do they differ from the Puretime one I posted?

As for Destro, I am left handed but wear watches on my left....I have a LH watch but I find the crown digs and is annoying. Which militaire in a RH non destro would you recommend? DSN still? I haven't had any luck getting in contact with him. :(

Thank you kindly for helping this n00b :D

If You buy the 127 from Puretime then the movement You see on the picture will probably NOT be the one You will get because that finish on the bridges is VERY difficult to get these days!

You will probably get a e-series movement that has a much more rough surface on it NOT as smooth as the one on the picture!

Check the sales section, and ther was one with the SWISS movement for sale a little more than a week ago!!!!!

I am looking myself for one.

How about the one from Eurotimez?

Looks a lot like the one from Pure Time.

Anybody bought one from Chris?

I live in Nicaragua and so I would prefer to get one where I don't have to do much work to it.

Just bought the leather from a saddle maker to make me a strap but since I bought a whole cow hide I will try to make some more.

I will post some pics once I get it next week.

Just be careful, these days pays to request the pictures of the actual Fiddy watch you will be receiving.

The first pic from Angus shows the old-school Fiddy with correct dial text position and color, as well as xtal with correct distorsion (break points) line. These are NOT being produced any more. The one you will receive from DSN has pretty much the same components as the Fiddy available thru rest of the dealers, Angus included. Dial txt will be light brown or beige in color, numeral 1 is wrong shape and xtals aren't that good anymore, both from the perspective of strong pinkish A/R hue and distorsion lines.

Taking all this into consideration, I'd still give DSN a slight advantage, as he will at least show you the pic of your watch assembled, and most of the times help with issues and spare and replacement parts.

babola

Thanks for the help guys.

What I HAVE ordered is the Radiomir Black Seal PVD and a strap from Red12 (zack) next week, as well as a GREAT Bell & Ross. I'll post pics as soon as they arrive.

I am now thinking of a brown dial Marina Militaire 036, a 177 or a 111H....thoughts on those? Best source? I love the fiddy but it looks like the good ones are VERY hard to find....