When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Houston, TX GTG - 21 March 2009

The next Houston GTG is in the works. The date is set for Saturday, March 21, 2009. The time will be the usual 11:30/12:00ish until whenever.

The location is yet to be determined. It has been suggested to try a new place. The Black Lab has been good, but it would be nice to try a different place, maybe something with a little better lighting.

Anyone is welcome. You don't have to be from Houston (or even Texas). We have one usual suspect that comes from Louisiana.

More details will come soon. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Here are a couple of suggestions that have been made on RWI.

Rudi Lechner's Restaurant and Bar (Yes, it's German!)

2503 South Gessner

Houston, TX 77063

http://www.rudilechners.com

and

Guadalajara on the I-10 feeder at Bunker Hill

Any other suggestions would be more than welcome.

Savage was able to secure the venue. Here are the details...

Venue Secured

OK, so I called the Guadalajara and finalized everything. We have the backroom at the Katy Freeway location. Map here:

http://www.guadalajarahacienda.com/guad ... tions.html

Address is 9799 Katy Freeway and it's on the South side of the freeway in between Gessner and Bunker Hill. Phone number is 713-461-5300 if you get lost and need them to guide you in!

I told them that we needed it between noon and 4pm or so. It's the only private room they have, so you can just walk back there upon arrival or tell the hostess that's where you need to go.

As stated in my previous post, they require one server per every 20 guests. So, I'm guessing we'll be safe with one. That server is guaranteed $70 or 18% of the total bill, whichever is greater as gratuity. I told them that because people come and go doing one bill wouldn't really work. So, we've set it up to do individual bills. All I ask is that you make sure to leave an 18-20% tip on your bill so that we don't run into any problems at the end when everything is tabulated.

If you have any questions, ask here, pm me or email me at savagestraps@hotmail.com.

If not, see you there on Sat. the 21st. Which reminds me, somebody should edit the title of this post to show the correct date.

Cheers,

Savage

• 2 weeks later...