When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Maintenance And Cure Of Plated Watch

fellfell

Dear friends

I like replicas TT and gold, but all the replicas are naturally not real gold but plated/wrapped.

I would want some info on the plating I would want some councils on like curing the plating of a replica, like making the cure, like cleaning up, if detergents or substances exist in order protect the plating which things damage it etc.

Is ugly to spend hundred of dollars for a nice watch that then after a year gets ruined

Many thanks to who wants to help me with its

Regards

Dear friends

I like replicas TT and gold, but all the replicas are naturally not real gold but plated/wrapped.

I would want some info on the plating I would want some councils on like curing the plating of a replica, like making the cure, like cleaning up, if detergents or substances exist in order protect the plating which things damage it etc.

Is ugly to spend hundred of dollars for a nice watch that then after a year gets ruined

Many thanks to who wants to help me with its

Regards

What are your expectations? If you expect the gold plating on a rep to last as long as the plating on the genuine, you may be out of luck. A rep is only a rep.

Having said that, the plating on my rose gold Pam 147 from Joshua shows no sign - whatever - of wear and I wear it a lot.

Best idea... talk to your dealer. Ask him how long he is prepared to stand behind the plating. Don't be surprised if you don't get a 20 year guarantee. Be reasonable.. at rep prices, you can replace your watch annually... and still be ahead of the deal, had you bought a genuine, instead.