When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Railmaster XXL Movement removal

Hi - I am trying to remove the movement of my Railmaster XXL so I can access the inside of the crystal for some polishing/ AR removal.

I have taken the stem out and now I am stuck. I was expecting some movement holders with tabs but there aren't any. The movement sits rock solid in the case the way it is now. I can only see 2 small screws (silver, right next to the empty screw holes) but I thought I'd better ask before I start touching them. Any help appreciated.

IMGP4657.jpg

Hard to tell without actually having the watch in hand...

2 options.

1. The movement comes out towards the front and the bezel has to be removed,

2. More than likely it's just snug fitting and comes out the back, place a screwdriver in the area where the stem is inserted, you want the screwdriver to fit in between the case and what looks like the movement ring, gently pry up and see what happens. If you look at your picture starting at the bottom you have a silvery case tube, then you have the case itself, then you can see the silvery case tube again, then the movement spacer, and then a black rectangle. Where I want you to place the screwdriver is in the second space from the bottom the silvery area between the case and the movement ring.

If no 2 doesn't work, then it's most likely the first option.

RG

Thank you very much - I did exactly what you said and used the screw driver in the exact spot as you said and then started prying a little. I worked around in a circle and finally the movement holder came out. That was great help! Without your instructions I would have been afraid to to that, but it went really well!

:thumbsupsmileyanim: