When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM00171 i think?

sur3wyn

Hi all,

I am a total noob in watches - but i just really really like 'em. I've read all the newbie articles (which are really really GOOD READS - i hardly read).

Anyhow I've taken my first step to purchasing a Panerai (my first rep) and would really like your comments ^_^

So, thanks in advance.

Good or bad comments are mostly welcomed, as i just wanna know what others think of my watch.

[Also please comment on the strap; as i personally feel that it looks very 'rep-ed'with the current strap - thinking of changing the strap to a more gen looking one]

DSC03267.jpg

DSC03268.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

DSC03271.jpg

DSC03276.jpg

DSC03272.jpg

DSC03275.jpg

There is no need to change the strap to get a more gen like watch.

I'm sorry to say but you have to change the complete watch to get it more gen like.

It's really terrible and it seems like a $ 50,- watch you can buy on the beach in Turkey.

Sorry man, stay a little longer with us and you would know what I mean.

There is no need to change the strap to get a more gen like watch.

I'm sorry to say but you have to change the complete watch to get it more gen like.

It's really terrible and it seems like a $ 50,- watch you can buy on the beach in Turkey.

Sorry man, stay a little longer with us and you would know what I mean.

wahahaha.. i like this. very straight-forward and direct :D

i will def stay here longer. but how the heck do you guys do that? able to tell a really bad rep to a high quality rep?

sorry to trouble you but i'd just like to know what is wrong with the watch, etc. if you could share :rolleyes:

all part of the learning i s'pose :p

from pics, i can see some minor differences. but anyhow, i like the watch - works well; looks good.

Power reserve is all working in order and i can manual wind it as well as its automatic.

i'm just venturing into reps (and watches); so whether its a cheap rep or an expensive rep or a gen - i wouldn't have a clue; i hope i'm learning all from it. and i really have to thank this forum for their support :)

as i've compared to some gen pics - the most obvious tell is the caseback. So if i'm always wearing it; it wont be easy to tell?

Anyways, it'll be great help to know more on how to tell if its a good rep or bad rep - so it'll help out on my future collections.

its from chinatown, but not in NYC. haha.

thanks guys.

The immediate issues I see are:

There is no clear case back power reserve. That case back set-up comes from the early El-primero based Panerai watches. Second the gen has no date setting button on the side of the case. That is the instant tell on the wrist. The 21j Asian movement in the watch requires that and the gen movement adjusts the date from the crown. Keep reading and you will find you can do better. ;)

welcome sur :) lol yeah, you should sell that and put the money you get into a better rep goodluck mate!

I don't think anyone will buy it. I'll just wear it for daily rough stuff until it dies. Will most likely purchase a swiss/asian movement 8-days luminor for formal occassions - now.. to find one of 'em and actually have the cash to buy it! ha.

The immediate issues I see are:

There is no clear case back power reserve. That case back set-up comes from the early El-primero based Panerai watches. Second the gen has no date setting button on the side of the case. That is the instant tell on the wrist. The 21j Asian movement in the watch requires that and the gen movement adjusts the date from the crown. Keep reading and you will find you can do better. ;)

this is good info. really something i was looking for. thank you very much. i'm learning already ^_^