When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Odd GMTIIc Ultimate Problem

Krayfish

I've got one of Trusty's GMT2 Ceramic Ultimate's, its got Gen Swiss ETA which is modified for the GMT to work,

I was under the impression that it would work as a normal GMT ie, the same as some of my original stuff.

I know how the GMT works, I have a Gen Omega Seamaster GMT, the problem with this one is the GMT hand is to slow!

If I set all the hands to the midnight position till the date clicks over (bang on midnight) , when 12 hours passes, the gmt hand should be at the 6 O'clock position, in 24 hours it should be back at 12.

One full sweep in 24 hours.

In 24hours, my GMT hand is at about 22:30 on the outsize bezel..this to me is not right, this does not happen to any of my other watches, is this just the norm with this watch then?

Has anyone else noticed this and is it able to be fixed? not sure if its worth dropping off to my smith, if its normal then fine, not a problem, just wish I had known before i got it.

(Remember I put them all to midnight to start from, date just clicked over, everything is set to bang on midnight, hands, minutes, seconds and GMT)

Just for the record the hand stack I have is GMT at the bottom, then hours, minutes and seconds at the top, think this is the incorrect handstack version.

When setting the GMT hand, if you pull out the crown, you roll it one way and it changes the date, you roll it the other way and it moves the GMT hand *anti clockwise

Serial code Z754008

47 views and not a single idea!

I best take it down to my smith and see what he reckons.....you guys might want to check yours too if you have this version.

S

I've only heard of one member who successfully talked his watchman into servicing one of these modified ETAs. It was 20Babies. He said his watchman told him no more because it took him hours to do it. I would be interested to know if your watchman agrees to take it on once he learns about the modification.

I had the correct handstack version. Unfortunately, I played with the GMT function when I got the watch and it was unstable. It would run, then it wouldn't run. The only thing Josh ever told me to do was turn the hands through several day's to "line up the needles." This usually helped, but not always. You problem is different, though, so other than what I just wrote I'm afraid I don't have any good advice for you.

Same advise.

Turning the hands a few days together seems to get my GMT hand working in sync.

If I don't do that my GMT hand will stop and lose time , otherwise it seems OK.

I bought the "Swiss ETA" version but was told by a modder when he opened my watch that the movement is really a clone ETA not genuine ETA ; despite the premium price I paid. ICHS version is the one I own.

This all sounds great!! :(

Oh, and Allergydoc;

I can't believe you post count in my bad news thread was 666!!

Haha you jinxed me now you bstd!!