When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos 100 XL - Rep or Gen?

sportecaudi

I have not seen a rep with "automatic" in the correct position on the dial like that. The standard rep has "automatic" and "Cartier" too close to the center.

Also, reps with caseback off reveal a plastic holder for the movement instead of that nice SS. I supposed this stuff could be sourced. I for one would kill for a correct dial however. I've been trolling ebay for months.

That crystal is very good as well. The reps don't have those perfect beveled edges.

Re: the bezel screws, I think the gen has them similarly in different rotations (not all lined up). I have some recent pics from a cartier store window that I can double-check with (but not while at work).

Beautiful watch in any case. I would say it's a franken with a lot of money in it, or it's (more likely) straight gen.

I dug up my picture from a few weeks back. It was shot through a Cartier store window, so not ideal, but it's an example in a normal light setting.

The crop is a tiny tiny portion of the original image, but it's from a good camera. Note the haphazard bezel screws but perfect crystal beveling.

2i6i1wx.jpg

Your sample has got to be gen for sure. Good price?