When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A New Job, Finally.

thomasng

Guest chronomat123
Admin, firstly let me say I'm happy for you that you've had some good news finally.

One thing I would say though, more out of concern, is why you feel it necessary to divulge such detailed personal information? :blink: Please be careful....

BTW, talking about salaries especially without being asked is seen as EXTREMELY bad form in England/London/even the City, whether you're a secretary or a director - take a tip ;)

Not so much that we're reserved, it's just considered terribly vulgar and talking like that will guarantee you being thought of as a [censored], even and especially amongst your colleagues (behind your back of course, the English way :lol:) to whom it doesn't mean diddly squat. Remember Coutts is the Royal Family's bank and has been for generations due to their ethos of reserved and discreet dealings - maybe you should take a leaf etc. :whistling:

Paradoxically, in banking circles boasting about bonuses is pretty much de rigeur so I suggest you wait till next year then boast away :D

Good luck!

I reckon. Same here in the U.S., Admin, if you retain any American clients-- we Americans tend to be put off by people boasting about their salary. Not to mention, it makes the boaster look silly.

I reckon. Same here in the U.S., Admin, if you retain any American clients-- we Americans tend to be put off by people boasting about their salary. Not to mention, it makes the boaster look silly.

I think this is the ultimate example of Webster defines as "irony".

I think this is the ultimate example of Webster defines as "irony".
LOL!! :D

Admin,

I am very happy to hear that things are beginning to turn around for you. That is great news about the job! London is a great city, you will love it there! I wish you very much success in your new position. Hopefully this means that you will still be hanging around here. ;)

I wish you the best Amigo. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh, and enjoy the time off! :)

I can only quote my signature:

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f*cking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.