When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone with customs issues lately?

hugonw

Sometimes they do open them. When they do you usually get an extra tax bill.

S.F. customs has opened a lot of mine. LAX only once. Dallas FW will open and keep them. A lot of dealers won't ship to you if the watch is likely to go through Dallas.

Edit to add: I hope for their sake that they don't sniff them. Some atrocious odors have come out of watch shipments! The worst are from Thailand.

Edited by AllergyDoc

Sometimes they do open them. When they do you usually get an extra tax bill.

S.F. customs has opened a lot of mine. LAX only once. Dallas FW will open and keep them. A lot of dealers won't ship to you if the watch is likely to go through Dallas.

Edit to add: I hope for their sake that they don't sniff them. Some atrocious odors have come out of watch shipments! The worst are from Thailand.

probably LA or SF (final dest is WA)

tax is based on what? what is coming looks like my avatar, so.... 10% of 100K is pretty steep for a rep, haha. Hopefully they don't know what a Valjoux 23 is :-)

probably LA or SF (final dest is WA)

tax is based on what? what is coming looks like my avatar, so.... 10% of 100K is pretty steep for a rep, haha. Hopefully they don't know what a Valjoux 23 is :-)

Based on whatever. Can't be based on what they think the gen is worth or it would be much higher. It's stupid.

Seattle doesn't have a customs office?

Based on whatever. Can't be based on what they think the gen is worth or it would be much higher. It's stupid.

Seattle doesn't have a customs office?

every time I received an item from CN with EMS, it always transited via SF, don't know why.

That's relatively fast. I've had two reps come through SFO customes in the last month and both spent two days. Neither was opened, BTW. Glad you had no problems -- I have another coming through in the next week or so.

I just checked EMS and I can now read (after a full day): "Released from Customs" :p

I'm relieved

Thank you everybody for your support!