When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hypoallergenic Watches

asciwhite

I want to buy her a watch for her birthday coming up soon. The question I have is... The Rado tungsten reps we can buy, are they actual tungsten or steel? Is the ceramic watches something to look at. And is the titanium watches for ladies really titanium? Im asking because as you probably can guess. She is allergic to other stuff...

Also... Do you have any suggestions? Watches that are subtle and not blingy (Rado is probably the most ok looking thingy, watcheden has alot of them) RADO TUNGSTEN

Thanks guys ;)

Sorry, I don't have answer for you, but I am very interested in this topic.

My son is allergic to nickle, which is found in most stainless steel watches. We are looking at titanium watches for him right now.

As far as tungsten goes, I think mostly its sold with the name tungsten and is an alloy with varying percentages of tungsten and therefore will contain nickle and other metals and is not hypoallergenic.

The ceramic watches I've seen mostly have stainless steel backs (titanium too), metal between the links and on the clasps. Rhodium plating is hypoallergenic.

Hope someone here has some answers, will be really interesting to find out about the reps...great topic...