When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EODs secs@9 facelift

Hi All,

Ever since I stumbled upon the EODs on time zone I wanted one, when angus solved the case back issue I had to buy. Now we may get a secs@12 variant, but if they do what they always do it will still have issues. So I decided to make the most of my EOD. we know the issues missing 12 marker see below:

Image000.jpg

poor cyclops, wrong coloured hands and poor lume. Now I started to formulate a plan to add the 12 marker, using four bits of paper and sellotape I measured the gen for size and made a sort of stencil see below:

P4080183.jpg

It needs a bit of shaping using something sharp under the loupe but its a start, the hands were simple just painted a better yellow. I need to buy some lume to finish the marker and hands but I m happy with progress so far :) I wont relume the numbers til I can practice luming alot. If anyone knows where to get a good cyclops I d like to hear from you.

Without everyones posts on modification I would not have had the inspiration to start my own mod, so I thank all modders for there help.

Also please excuse my pictures you can see why I didnt enter the photo comp, I suck big time.

Lume arrived today so had a mess around doing 12 marker and hands, pics :

Hands painted better yellow and relumed

P4190188.jpg

First go at marker

P4190185.jpg

After some shaping

P4190184.jpg

Final shaping as I d be here for weeks under a microscope if I did nt stop !

P4190189.jpg

Its a little off centre but I m pleased with the end result as zoomed in the camera makes it look awful, just got to put the hands back on now ...... yikes !

Hope you liked my first attempt at making a mess of my watch :)

I m sure you can mix lume to whatever shade you need, I m far too impatient to wait and too short on cash so I just went for pre mixed lume. With the marker being a slightly different colour yellow to the rest of the yellow dial paint that also throws it off. With time and skill you can solve these issues, but its still a secs@9, hands are back on and watch is being serviced and regulated by a pro :) Pics when it returns.