When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

El's 186!

leitztozeiss

i've got one! but thanks for the tip leitztozeiss.

Awesome. You should wear it in your Panasonic commercial with Shakira.

Btw, cut me some slack - your genuine 186 costs more than my car. I say "decent" date mag in relative terms - of course, it looks like [censored] compared to a gen. It's also a $300 rep, so the decent date mag is (or should be) forgiveable.

Awesome. You should wear it in your Panasonic commercial with Shakira.

Btw, cut me some slack - your genuine 186 costs more than my car. I say "decent" date mag in relative terms - of course, it looks like [censored] compared to a gen. It's also a $300 rep, so the decent date mag is (or should be) forgiveable.

i did wear it and she loved it! i think you may have taken me the wrong way in my original post. it wasn't a dig at you, simply that 90% of the rep dates look awful. i know because i have some. anyway, loosen your tie and have a drink ... it's wednesday!

p.s. her hips don't lie.

i did wear it and she loved it! i think you may have taken me the wrong way in my original post. it wasn't a dig at you, simply that 90% of the rep dates look awful. i know because i have some. anyway, loosen your tie and have a drink ... it's wednesday! p.s. her hips don't lie.

No, no, I didn't take it as a dig on me - just the rep. We lose a lot of meaning in typing responses. My point is that some date mags are better than others. I'd say, based on the pics, that this rep is middle of the pack in terms of magnification - not as good as say the 222 reps (with the secondary magnifying lens under the dial), but definitely better than the cheaper reps.

(Watching Shakira on video is much easier than listening to her singing on the radio)

chrono903...that's what I am talking about...everybody take a chill pill and look at those wobbling masses:-)

and to contribute something more meaningfull:

flaws

incorrect caseback (belongs to Northpole GMT)

date - as usual

oversized GMT hand....

non of which matters since it is a rep and we are aware of these issues

This looks absolutely great, but I have to agree that the date is a real let-down on the subs. Disregarding the fact that it makes them less accurate when compared to a gen, it is actually very difficult to read due to the poor mag and the thin date font! Since so many models use the same date wheel (or at least the same font if they are using a different sized wheel) why can't the makers, or someone supplying spares like Davidsen come up with a solution?

What's the old George Carlin joke? "Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" I swear, that's how some people on this board are about what constitutes an "acceptable" level of accuracy on reps. Occasionally I'm left shaking my head at people who get all pissy about crap like caseback engravings but get hostile at people who complain about the subdials on Speedmaster reps as being unnecessarily anal retentive. Yeah OK, we get it, if you bought it that's proof it's great and anyone who expects anything better should buy gen, if you don't like it, it's a total piece of crap. Obviously that is the most objective, easy to understand standard for judging reps. Note that I'm not referring to anyone who has posted on this thread, but there are clearly members who think like this.

But anyway I appreciate people who nitpick. I can see for myself that a rep is pretty good without having someone try to sell me on it, it's more useful to know what details are off without my lazy ass having to research it on my own.

Edited by kanerich