When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does anyone do a 44mm style 203/217?

RyanJG

Hi everyone, i've just joined here as i thought this place would be the best area to try to find the watch i'd love to get. What i'm looking for is something like the 217 destro or the 127/203 in 44mm instead of 47mm, i've read a few of the threads on here and seen some fantastic projects and homages and that got me thinking about this project i'd love to do.

The bad news is i'm quite a novice at this type of thing, sourcing the parts and putting them together as some type of kit might be easier for me than building from scratch, can you get kits for this, and what type of movements are usually used?

Thanks for any replies, i'm not too sure if this is the correct type of question for here, but hopefully i'll get some answers :D

Edit: forgot to add, i'm also interested in a reduced sized 249, something around 44/45mm is this possible as well?

Edited by RyanJG

Hi everyone, i've just joined here as i thought this place would be the best area to try to find the watch i'd love to get. What i'm looking for is something like the 217 destro or the 127/203 in 44mm instead of 47mm, i've read a few of the threads on here and seen some fantastic projects and homages and that got me thinking about this project i'd love to do.

The bad news is i'm quite a novice at this type of thing, sourcing the parts and putting them together as some type of kit might be easier for me than building from scratch, can you get kits for this, and what type of movements are usually used?

Thanks for any replies, i'm not too sure if this is the correct type of question for here, but hopefully i'll get some answers :D

Edit: forgot to add, i'm also interested in a reduced sized 249, something around 44/45mm is this possible as well?

This is spooky! I literally just registered to ask exactly the same question :huh:

So, hi to you all. Just finding my way around and hope to take part fully in due time. I own a couple of Panerais currently, a 112 and 233, having bought and re-sold a number of them in recent times.

Hi

I have seen a dealer who sells a mini " fifty " which is like a 127 except in 44/45mm size. ( it could

be a fantasy model. other pam experts may confirm )

But I also find 47mm size a bit on the large side.

The 47mm is just too big and cumbersome on the wrist for me, i could wear one but it's just too much trouble, so a 44mm would be perfect.

Failing that a 45mm cali dial would be great as well, with swiss movement and proper lume, does this type of thing exist, i've seen some around, but never for sale when i've looked.

@david-oz

You mean the "Mini-Fiddy"! That's a special model.....and hard to get! If you're interested in a 44mm 1950 case, go with the PAM 270.....

It looks like this:

pam270.jpg

on the wrist:

pam270a.jpg

PM BigCrown, he knows the source!

@david-oz

You mean the "Mini-Fiddy"! That's a special model.....and hard to get! If you're interested in a 44mm 1950 case, go with the PAM 270.....

It looks like this:

pam270.jpg

on the wrist:

pam270a.jpg

PM BigCrown, he knows the source!

I'm not too interested in the manifattura as i already have a genuine one, i was looking for something more along the lines of a special clean dial 217/127 in 44mm or a cali 45mm built up with good movements and good dial/lume. I'm seeing a few on here that are quite nice, but they all seem to be from a while back and not for sale anymore.