When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To eeveryone who just received an email re: DSSD from Eurotimez

Jkay

Im currently doing something else right now so I cant go into huge detail, and I will not re-post private emails in public forums .. so suffice to say WOW .. what a guy! I'm very relieved. I'm sure ETz will post here too.

To summarize, ET claims to have negotiated new pearls for his DSSD .. was very troublesome .. purchased all competitors' DSSD models and compared them .. is re-epoxying all crowns on his DSSD's by hand to correct a factory error .. a LOT of info in this email to explain a lapse in shipping ... more things as well .. I hope they summarize all the things they have done in the last 2 weeks for all the people here to see.

Thanks for the heads up.

I didn't get one, I feel unwanted now Chris :(

I'm glad he apears to be geting back on top of his game tho. I have not enjoyed having to leave him off any recomends to the new folk.

Sounds like that may change soon. I hope that within six mths or so we can place him back on the Dealers List back home at RWG1.1

Yep, we're tough on dealers and it's a short list. Be nice to feel able to make it a bit longer.

Col.

Chris at Eurotimez wrote me a short note allowing me to re-post the mass-mailing he sent out on June 26 to "all Eurotimez clients who ordered a DSSDv5" from him:

Dear Eurotimez Clients,

If you are this list you are one of our clients who ordered the DSSDv5.

Most of you are waiting much longer then initially planned (some just ordered several days ago), all your orders were suppose to get shipped off several days ago. Some of you might have gotten an e-mail from me already regarding this issue, some may have not. I would like to reply in mass as it would take me far too long to write indiviually to all clients.

Reason for initial delay,

There was an manufactoring flaw with the DSSDv5, the first one was that the CROWN (coronet) on the clasp "could" come off so we preventively reglued it.

Then the second thing was, this isn't in actuality a flaw but just the way it was manufactured as well as the one reviewed by GIO, had a somewhat greenish/yellowish PEARL (see picture below).

As I wanted to be EXTRA careful with all orders of the DSSDv5 shippings as there were some QC issues -mainly the crown on the clasp- came off, and some clients complained about the pearl as well not being as nice.

Altho the yellowish pearl is not something that is our fault as the watch is exactly as ordered, some felt it might be a deal-breaker.

I requested the factory to make NEW pearls, they initially didn't agree so we sought for alternative ways to get a WHITE pearl and to replace the existing pearl on the DSSD, we even went to competitive factories requesting pearls or to purchase complete bezels just to take off the WHITE PEARL. They eventually also didn't agree, we even went as far too see if we could make the pearls ourselves by going to some factories, and asking if they could make one specifically for us. They said you needed to make approx 2000-4000 pearls would they even be slightly interested and besides that it was quite a difficult task and it might take awhile.

This all took a while (several weeks), so I ordered my team to go ahead and ship out what you guys ordered as it was taking way too long and if we could get other pearls we would ship it to you afterwards for the ones that don't like it. I even went and compared all other DSSD's on the market, but they all had other flaws, the bezel not as nice, the lume green/blue-ish than the V5, the letterings on the REHAUT not as crips, printing on the dial not as sharp, and some didn't had the 2x piece caseback.... all sorts of things. (read more below for more info), the DSSD that came slightly close to the V5, had green/blue-ish lume, just like I saw on other dealers sites, it wasn't truly blue like the gen or as the V5... also it didn't had the correct BEVEL on the DATE-WINDOW. It was however the closest thing to the v5 version... the PEARL was white however.

So I wrote some of you concerned clients that the tracking should be updated in approx 24 hours, assuming my team got the "go-ahead". Well the bad news and honest truth is they Didn't get my NOTICE! So the one in charge of shipping and the one managing the DSSD orders, were still awaiting my intructions (keep in mind that have dozens of other watches -non dssd- daily that needs to be shipped, packed, pictures taken, QC, status on the internet updated, and notices and instructions unrelated to your orders that need to be executed).

But the good news is... today we got the call from the factory and they finally made for us the WHITE PEARL, as we are their biggest buyer of that particular rep.

So we'll upgrade all your orders to the V5 version with WHITE PEARL, we post pics of each of your ACTUAL watches in our new ORDER-PICS section... you'll be notified.

It will take approx 4-7 days, we'll work on the ones that have been waiting the longest FIRST... as the complete bezel needs to get dissembled to have the new bezel + pearl applied.

Please see our little mini review of the the best DSSD watches available in the market and some quick notes on the flaws... on each of them.

FOR THOSE WAITING LONGER THAN 2 weeks can claim an 25 usd credit coupon at payment.eurotimez@gmail.com (our billing departement), just mention your order ID and that you ordered DSSDv5.

I think I might make an review on the DSSD's currently on the market. Except for the DSSDv5 was missing the white pearl, and for the crown clasp part (which we now preventively glue), it is the best one available in all of the market and I believe only available via us. There was another dealer claiming to have access to ours but that isn't true.

Following these paragraphs, he provided large photo close-ups of a gen DSSD and other rep collectors' offerings .. pointing out the best features of his v5 DSSD side by side.

Soooo ... a really good emailing, overall.

since this is my first purchase of a Rep since getting swindled by Idealwatches.com 2yrs ago (i only discovered this fact when i found this forum!) I was quite happy to see how much trouble he is going through to ensure a quality product is recieved by customers.

Looking forward to receiving the DSSDv5 and will post pics when it arrives.