When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE/7750 hands question.

totalwise

The minutes hand has come off the watch, and is moving about quite freely. I know that the person who I bought the watch from lumed it's hands so it was taken out and put back onto the watch.

I've ordered a screwdiver set to drop the movement and restore the hands, I';ve googled on how to drop movements, and learnt how to pull out the stem by pressing the tiny button in the movment,

Once I have the screwdiver I should be able to unscrew 3-4 screws around the movment and drop it out.

After that I will use the best of my ability to replace the minutes hand (not the chrono minutes but the actual time minutes)

Is there anything else I should know about the procedure for replacing the seconds hand, and also how likely is it that the problem is just with the hands coming loose and it's nothign to do with damage on the movment.

Thanks

Have heard that Breitling hands are a PITA to take off and put back on.

Gen and rep. Not sure if true but someone told me that at the Breitling service center if they take off hands they toss them and put on new hands becuase even the gen hands are a pain to work with.

Other modders have voiced displeasure with rep Breitling hands causing issues when removing.

Have heard that Breitling hands are a PITA to take off and put back on.

Gen and rep. Not sure if true but someone told me that at the Breitling service center if they take off hands they toss them and put on new hands becuase even the gen hands are a pain to work with.

Other modders have voiced displeasure with rep Breitling hands causing issues when removing.

thanks, I know that the chronograph seconds hand and the 3 subdial hands are pinned into a stick the size of the tip of a needle and perhaps that is the case.

However in my case, the minutes hand is off and is loose inbetween the chronophrapg seconds ad the hour hand. the whole is obviously a bit bigger, so I'm wondering if this will apply in my case because I'm not really taking out the hands and putting them back in, but rather simple mounting the seconds hand back onto it's place.

Got any tips for me regards how to drop the movement?

I see 3 screws on the outer ring of the movement, and another 2 or 3 (cant rememebr) on the inner side.