When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's got the best DJ's?

MasterJere

Hey guys,

I have to start off by thanking you guys again, I mean, If I didn't come across this forum I probably would have been "taken" for another $1500 already. This forum has been nothing short of spectacular and I am just totally blown away by the plethora of information it contains! Thanks for your help on all my submariner questions, I finally bought 2 of them from Chris at Eurotimez and upon there arrival expect many pictures to be loaded up! (I want to contribute to this party!)

Now that I've ordered the subs, I've always wanted a nice Datejust, but my biggest problem is finding one with the quality (weight) that I want... Who would you guys recommend for a quality DJ, or even a DD for that matter... Accuracy of the dial is not as important as high end stainless steel (good weight) and high end crystal... I've heard watcheden thrown around in a few discussions and I've heard timeshops but the last watch I bought from houseofsouviniors felt cheap to me, and that's not what I'm looking for.

Any help in this matter would, as usual, be GREATLY appreciated! Cheers guys!

Jeremiah (probably the newest guy to the forum lol)

wellll...you're not going to get the "weight" of those platinum or gold DJ's... BUT if you're looking for steel... then you're in luck!

you can either spend 300-650$ on a wm9 watch WM9 selection of DJ's

these are pretty much the best reps...

If you're looking for something between 100-250$ then watcheden has some nice DDII's and others daydate II's

goodluck!! post pics when you get them :)

I know all about WM9's masterpieces!

So the SS DJ's that are around 100-150 dollars are the real weight? What I'm looking for is a Datejust dealer that assembles them with the best case and crystal (BEST PARTS) besides WM9.... Anyone else besides Watcheden that you recommend? I guess the price of 100 bucks kind of scares me that its so cheap.. Must be like a mineral glass that scratches VERY easily... I want better parts... Is there someone like that out there besides blkm and wm9...

Thanks,

Jeremiah

wellll...you're not going to get the "weight" of those platinum or gold DJ's... BUT if you're looking for steel... then you're in luck!

you can either spend 300-650$ on a wm9 watch WM9 selection of DJ's

these are pretty much the best reps...

If you're looking for something between 100-250$ then watcheden has some nice DDII's and others daydate II's

goodluck!! post pics when you get them :)

Edited by MasterJere

I know all about WM9's masterpieces!

So the SS DJ's that are around 100-150 dollars are the real weight? What I'm looking for is a Datejust dealer that assembles them with the best case and crystal (BEST PARTS) besides WM9.... Anyone else besides Watcheden that you recommend? I guess the price of 100 bucks kind of scares me that its so cheap.. Must be like a mineral glass that scratches VERY easily... I want better parts... Is there someone like that out there besides blkm and wm9...

Thanks,

Jeremiah

welll.. i dont think there is anyone else that "assembles" the best parts... you might have to do a custom job for that by one of the modders..

Well i can recommend Sead, he can source a watch for you...and he makes sure, there's nothing cosmetically wrong with it, even provides pictures (at your request) before shipping the watch to you. i just got an awesome SOH from him.

there are a couple of datejust's that were 118$ that had sapphire on watcheden...

This one from watcheden is 158$ and its sapphire glass. I'm not sure if the weight is exactly the same as the gens... maybe a more experienced member can help you with that..

otheres... include Josh @ perfect clones.. maybe eurotimez

Im looking for a good Daydate myself right now. The weight will never be the same as a gen. Gold and Platinum are very dense and heavy metals. Weight doesnt matter too much unless others will be handling your watch. I wouldnt take my watch off anyway for someone to hold. Be it a Timex or a Rolex, rep or gen, I just wouldnt. Unless its my brother or something, I know he wont do anything stupid with it. :D

But some of the DD and DJ models look real good. There have been so many dials and variations its nearly impossible to be called out in that regard.

Hope this helps, but Im new to all this myself.

Most DateJusts from standard dealers come equipped with sapphire xtals and eta clones (Price is around $240)

Dealers like King allow you to specify what color/type of dial you'd like and they'll request that specific piece / combo from the factory (so at least SOMEONE is looking at it before it ships) ... King can even send pictures of the watch before it ships (if I recall...). I'm sure Josh and Andrew can probably accommodate requests for your favorite dials, etc...

SS DateJusts are pretty good (underrated) buys IMHO... I wouldn't get a rep DD just because the difference in metals and weight is obvious.

Most DateJusts from standard dealers come equipped with sapphire xtals and eta clones (Price is around $240)

Dealers like King allow you to specify what color/type of dial you'd like and they'll request that specific piece / combo from the factory (so at least SOMEONE is looking at it before it ships) ... King can even send pictures of the watch before it ships (if I recall...). I'm sure Josh and Andrew can probably accommodate requests for your favorite dials, etc...

SS DateJusts are pretty good (underrated) buys IMHO... I wouldn't get a rep DD just because the difference in metals and weight is obvious.

Thanks for that reply very helpful! But who is King and the other two people that you mentioned? How can I reach them?

Also, Which dealer (websites) would you recommend for a DJ SS...

Thanks,

Jeremiah

Jeremiah, welcome to the forum. Do yourself a favor and use the search button. You will find all sorts of information. Steel DJ's are more accurate due to the obvious, both reps and gens are made from stainless so it's harder to tell its a rep. If you want a rep of a white gold DJ, the weight difference will be very noticeable