When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BCE crown won't screw down.

daby

I have had a BCE graphite for about 18 months now and about 6 months ago I noticed when screwing in the crown it took less than 1 turn of the crown to screw down tight. Then gradually it was less than a 1/4 turn and now it won't screw in at all. :frusty: .

The thing is the watch keeps great time and also looks great so I don't want to write it off or spend the money on a whole new one.

I am hoping somebody can tell me if this is a common problem or more importantly if it can be fixed. If it can be fixed do I need to order parts or is this a mechanism that comes in standard sizes than can be fixed by a local repairer.

Hoping somebody can help me as my wrist is currently looking very sad without my BCE on it :(

Thanks Guys

If You want quick fix just shorten the stem. If You do that remember Your watch is not waterproof anymore. I've tried new crown on My SA after it didn't screwdown anymore and it didn't help. I'm not an expert of BCE. Super Avenger thread is inside of the case. If that is ruined it's quite hard to fix.

Edited by Raivotauti

If You want quick fix just shorten the stem. If You do that remember Your watch is not waterproof anymore. I've tried new crown on My SA after it didn't screwdown anymore and it didn't help. I'm not an expert of BCE. Super Avenger thread is inside of the case. If that is ruined it's quite hard to fix.

Thanks for the replies. I snapped the stem trying to remove the crown once extracted from the case, doh. :bangin:

The dealer I bought the watch from 16 months ago offered to send me out a new stem and crown. So, fingers crossed this will turn up in the coming weeks. If its the tube threads that are worn and not the crown I will go for the non waterproof stem shortining technique. :pray:

• 4 years later...

I have had a BCE graphite for about 18 months now and about 6 months ago I noticed when screwing in the crown it took less than 1 turn of the crown to screw down tight. Then gradually it was less than a 1/4 turn and now it won't screw in at all. frusty.gif .

The thing is the watch keeps great time and also looks great so I don't want to write it off or spend the money on a whole new one.

I am hoping somebody can tell me if this is a common problem or more importantly if it can be fixed. If it can be fixed do I need to order parts or is this a mechanism that comes in standard sizes than can be fixed by a local repairer.

Hoping somebody can help me as my wrist is currently looking very sad without my BCE on it sad.gif

Thanks Guys

I'm facing the exact same problem guys! Can anyone provide help as to what i should do given that i've never tampered with my watch??? Would a professional repairer be in position to fix this problem?